Service Type

Which category do you fit in?

• Total voters
SgtUSMC8541 said:
Well, at least you have them in the right order. [twisted]
I was hoping somebody would pick up on the Marines and Navy being 1 and 2. I only ordered the Services . I dont want you LEO's getting all mad at me. :D

I am prior Service so technically I am a civilian. I hate to be the dumbass but... Civilian or Army?

“ There are no stupid questions just stupid people” - Mr. Garrison South Park

Moderator said:
I am prior Service so technically I am a civilian. I hate to be the dumbass but... Civilian or Army?

“ There are no stupid questions just stupid people” - Mr. Garrison South Park

ARMY!!!!!! I should have stated that in the original post. If you are prior service put that in.

derek said:
SgtUSMC8541 said:
Well, at least you have them in the right order. [twisted]
I was hoping somebody would pick up on the Marines and Navy being 1 and 2. I only ordered the Services . I dont want you LEO's getting all mad at me. :D

Nah, we don't get mad . . . but we do get even! [twisted] [wink]

TonyD said:
cdkayak said:
Civilian here. Got talked out of signing up after high school by my Father, he was Coast Guard.

CD

Well, all things considered, that makes perfect sense. [wink]

He retired in the '70s. He enjoyed it for a number of years and he got frustrated watching the bureaucracy just get deeper and deeper until he decided to get out. At that point he was in the CG Reserves.

cdkayak said:
TonyD said:
cdkayak said:
Civilian here. Got talked out of signing up after high school by my Father, he was Coast Guard.

CD

Well, all things considered, that makes perfect sense. [wink]

He retired in the '70s. He enjoyed it for a number of years and he got frustrated watching the bureaucracy just get deeper and deeper until he decided to get out. At that point he was in the CG Reserves.

CD, it was only a good natured jib. Most of the folks I've met in the CG were basically set for life. It really was a civillian job in uniform with all the 'bennies'. It's especially great for SAR folks, from what I've witnessed.

In what can easily be described as my one true regret in life, I am merely a civilian.

Came EXTREMELY close to joining the Navy right out of high school (had an uncle who was a Sea-Bee and the technology in the Navy had my interest), but then one of the colleges I applied to came through with a couple of scholarships.

Didn't think much of it then, but looking back now I really regret not serving. I've actually been looking into becoming an auxiliary police officer in my home town as a way of giving something back...

TonyD said:
CD, it was only a good natured jib. Most of the folks I've met in the CG were basically set for life. It really was a civillian job in uniform with all the 'bennies'. It's especially great for SAR folks, from what I've witnessed.

Not to get off topic...however right after 9/11, hubby and I were working as armed guards and we got posted at the Aux. CG station in Boston. (There were a few nervous situations, and funny ones, but that's for another topic) Anywho, for the vast majority of the CG'ers there, they were awesome kids. There was this one, however, who was looking at my .40 on my hip and asking questions about it. One of the ones he asked (and he was completely serious) was "So, do you ever, like, wanna shoot someone?" [shock] After closing my mouth, I told him absolutely not.

Lynne said:
TonyD said:

Not to get off topic...however right after 9/11, hubby and I were working as armed guards and we got posted at the Aux. CG station in Boston. (There were a few nervous situations, and funny ones, but that's for another topic) Anywho, for the vast majority of the CG'ers there, they were awesome kids. There was this one, however, who was looking at my .40 on my hip and asking questions about it. One of the ones he asked (and he was completely serious) was "So, do you ever, like, wanna shoot someone?" [shock] After closing my mouth, I told him absolutely not.

That's the difference. I'd have looked him straight in the eye and said, "Yes, and you're number one on my list. Any other stupid questions?" And, walked away before he could even comprehend what I just said.

TonyD said:
That's the difference. I'd have looked him straight in the eye and said, "Yes, and you're number one on my list. Any other stupid questions?" And, walked away before he could even comprehend what I just said.

If it hadn't come out of the blue like that I probably would have. [lol]

Chair Force, Chair Force, where you been?
Down at the Anchor drinkin' gin!

Just for clarification - my fiancee's father was an Air Force OV-10 pilot in 'Nam. Forward air controller and was a Major. He was the CO of his wing. Upon his relief from comand (new CO coming in, his time to go back to the states) the custom was for the new CO to fly the old CO out after turning over duties. They did, and was shot down. Both were lost.

TonyD...

Upon his relief from comand (new CO coming in, his time to go back to the states) the custom was for the new CO to fly the old CO out after turning over duties. They did, and was shot down. Both were lost.

Damn, what a shame. Losing someone in combat is always tough. But losing both your old and new commander in a single sortie had to be hard for that squadron.

Back
Top Bottom