Service Type

Which category do you fit in?

• Total voters
NH Ambulance Attendant 1981 - 1983

EMT 1983 - 1988

Paramedic 1988-2000

Firefighter/Paramedic 2000 - present

How come EMT and Paramedics not represented on the Poll?? When you call 911 we come, that's public service to [smile]

Navy

Naval Academy 1972-76
USS Bigelow (DD942 - Gunnery Officer) 1976-1980
NAPS Instructor (Physics/Calculus) 1980-1982
MSCO EMED101 (Reserves - Includes ODS deployment) 1982-1997
Naval War College (VTU 119) 1997-1999
Retired 1999

My father: Army, WW II, Korea....R.I.P. Dad....
Myself: Navy, Aircrew, Cold War. Almost went hot more times than U.S. Citizens know.....
My Son: U.S. Marine Corps , Active Duty, 3rd Battallion 5th Marines, Infantryman, Persian Gulf, Afganastan.....

This would be a better place if we had 2 yr mandetory service for our young men & women! Our future would be a country led by Real Men & Real Women, instead of immasculated Sissy's!

Israel does this. They are surrounded by enemies. I submit, the world is getting smaller every day......

It unfortunately limits you to one choice.
I served in the USMCR in Motor-T,and the USAR as a (then)95B MP.
But,that's life.

Take a wild guess. I too, am glad to see that Derek put them in the correct order!

The hell he did! Army and Navy? Really?

Now, I have no problem with the Marine Corps being listed first - in fact, I'm 100% behind it. But the Coast guard being listed 4th? Is the Army and Navy really even relevant anymore? The Army just backs up the Marines, and the Navy - well, they carry nukes around in big ships that they don't nav worth a damn (Google 'recent Navy mishaps').

Marine Corps should be listed first because of things like this: http://www.businessinsider.com/john-kellys-speech-about-marines-in-ramadi-2013-6

(That story should give you chills. Very well written.)

And look back in history. Guadalcanal - what did the Navy do? They were a freight line to get boats close enough for Coast Guard crews to run onto the beach under heavy fire so some sick crazy f#cks (those would be Marines) could run OFF the boats and INTO the heavy fire. This way the Navy could stay out of max effective range and provide logistics for the men like good girls should.

(And yes, I HAVE ben drinking)

Now, I have no problem with the Marine Corps being listed first - in fact, I'm 100% behind it. But the Coast guard being listed 4th? Is the Army and Navy really even relevant anymore? The Army just backs up the Marines, and the Navy - well, they carry nukes around in big ships that they don't nav worth a damn (Google 'recent Navy mishaps').

Marine Corps should be listed first because of things like this: http://www.businessinsider.com/john-kellys-speech-about-marines-in-ramadi-2013-6

And look back in history. Guadalcanal - what did the Navy do? They were a freight line to get boats close enough for Coast Guard crews to run onto the beach under heavy fire so some sick crazy f#cks (those would be Marines) could run OFF the boats and INTO the heavy fire. This way the Navy could stay out of max effective range and provide logistics for the men like good girls should.

An old Marine once told me that if the ramp from the Higgins Boat hit the water, it was driven by the Navy, and if the ramp hit the beach, it was driven by the Coast Guard.

This. And all Coasties drink on a Wednesday night......

Is the coast guard even a military branch? I mean they used to be DOT and now they DHS. Aren't they like the post office with boats? To prove my point, they only drink on Wednesday night

Thank you. Yes, you are correct, but they are considered one of the 7 uniformed services, with the same pay scales/ranking etc.

Is the coast guard even a military branch? I mean they used to be DOT and now they DHS. Aren't they like the post office with boats? To prove my point, they only drink on Wednesday night

Who said anything about only drinking on Wednesday night?

Back
Top Bottom