• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Service Rifle Sling Choices?

I'm in the market for a new sling for my service rifle. I'm considering a Turner.

A few Questions for you HP shooters...

What do you think of the Turner? They're 45 bucks. With in my price range.

What are you using? How do you like it?

Leather or Biothane?

How well do your keepers hold?

Thanks in advance...

Frank

I have a Turner and I like it a lot. I went with the black leather one. The keepers so far have worked good. I would recommend Turner to any HP shooter.

I don't shoot highpower but I actually bought a Turner to shoot my Garand with. I'm not even sure I use it right but it feels good and is good quality.

I bought a Turner for my Garand as well. If you want to save a couple more bucks, ask them if they have any "seconds". I got one and can't tell what was wrong with it. I hear the "seconds" are sell outs at Camp Perry every year. You may also want to check out Les Tam Slings http://www.sharkysdive.net/lestamslings.htm

Turner is the way to go. I use the leather version on both my AR-15 (DCM Bushmaster) and my M1A (Springfield Supermatch). I also picked up the Jim Owens biothane "no-pulse" sling at www.jarheadtop.com, which works great. Several of the folks on my Highpower team use it, and think it really helps steady their hold. The neat thing is that it just stays on your arm, and when you're done with off-hand, you just slip of the loose sling and attach the no-pulse. Nice set-up.

KK

I know I'm coming in late on this thread but a lot of the guy's I shot with in the highpower league, use a Les Tam sling. Much thicker than the turner.

Back
Top Bottom