Service Grade Garands

This is awesome news, but the timing is horrible. I got my first speeding ticket today and I know I need to start saving for the surcharges. [frown]

(read: I really shouldn't, but I probably will order one)

They were suposed to be getting some parade rifles in that have been on loan. If they're anything like the Enfield parade rifles I heard about I'll stay away.

I am wondering, How many of you have experience with CMP rifles? Are they shipped directly to your house even without a C&R? I am really in an inner dilemma as to whether or not to pick one up. $550 sound pretty good. I am just not sure if the condition is comparable to a $500 one from a private party/dealer.

I am wondering, How many of you have experience with CMP rifles? Are they shipped directly to your house even without a C&R? I am really in an inner dilemma as to whether or not to pick one up. $550 sound pretty good. I am just not sure if the condition is comparable to a $500 one from a private party/dealer.

Yes, it can be delivered directly to your door without a C&R. Read the eligibility requirements under the sales button on their page.
$550 is a very good deal and if there is anything wrong with it, the CMP will make it right. One of mine came with a broken spring. I emailed them and they FedEx'ed a new spring out to me NC.
Most of the private sales rifles came from the CMP in the first place. You may end up paying more than service grade price for a rack grade in a private sale.

They are shipped right to your door by FedEx. No C&R is needed, CMP does the NICs check. That's part of the reason for all the requirements.

I've been very happy with the rifles I've gotten from the CMP. If I had the money to spend I'd be getting another service grade right now.

Generally the $550 service grade rifles will sell closer to $700 - $800 from a dealer. That's from what I've seen. YMMV

CD

I bought a service grade Garand from the CMP about a year and a half ago. It is one sweet shooting rifle, in great shape and no issues. I'd buy another if I had the money.

Dotting my T's and crossing my I's

Thanks for letting me know OP! I was so bummed when they sold out over the summer -- I had just shot a CMP match at Riverside and was all set to order.

Just to make sure I get this paper work right, can one of you who's gone down this road before verify I've got everything in order? First I have to get the "Certification" page Notarized. Then I mail that and the other 2 pages of the order form along with copies of: Passport, CMP match results, club membership card, and LTC? That covers it? Don't want to lose out again if they sell-out while I'm resending bungled paperwork.

ALso, can I get ammo shipped from CMP here to MA? Their prices beat advertised prices, both the surplus and commercial ball.

thanks,
Chuck

Sounds like you got your bases covered Chuck but I don't think you will have any luck getting the ammo sent to MA... could be wrong (hope I am) but doubt it.

Yes, it can be delivered directly to your door without a C&R. Read the eligibility requirements under the sales button on their page.

If I read this correctly... A G.O.A.L. membership, Birth certificate and a LTC-A would fill the eligibility requirements?

I've heard ammo shipments are no problem either. There are no laws against it and the AG can't very well take on the Feds which the CMP is.

Thanks you very much for the confirmation, sorry for the mis-information.

I really need to stop reading this thread... Or I'm going to cave in and buy one... then I'll need a good divorce lawer... [thinking]

Oh, go ahead. Or are you
chicken_dancing.gif

service grade, hmmmm.....

terrible timing indeed. but i think my daughter would love an M1 for christmas.

i notice there is no reference to where these garands were found; i am assuming (dangerous?) that they are not imports? i heard the rumor that some parade rifles from the VFW were coming and they were pretty rough...
"drainpipes" i think they were called?
-rob (skeptic and cynic)

i notice there is no reference to where these garands were found; i am assuming (dangerous?) that they are not imports? i heard the rumor that some parade rifles from the VFW were coming and they were pretty rough...

The CMP states the source for the rifles (US Army, Greek or Danish returns, etc.) AND whether there are import marks on them (none that I'm aware of). Use the link provided in the first post, then click on Rifle Sales.

And capitalization was developed for a reason. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom