Server errors

Chris said:
More and more often I get some kind of server error when I use this site. What's up?

Well Chris, just off the top of my head, if you had a better avatar the server "might" be more friendly to you.

Just a SWAG on my part.

[ghey]

FPrice said:
Chris said:
More and more often I get some kind of server error when I use this site. What's up?

Well Chris, just off the top of my head, if you had a better avatar the server "might" be more friendly to you.

Just a SWAG on my part.

[ghey]

Yup, with a mugshot like that, when the server's AI kicks in, it rejects you! [lol] [twisted] [lol]

What kind of server errors you getting? post a screenshot if possible or cut and paste the error you are getting.

OK, the message I am getting from my browser is:

---------------------------
The connection has timed out

The server at www.northeastshooters.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

-----------------------------------------

I have not had time to go looking, but I guess it could be Comcast that is causing me trouble. I just find it odd since it's only NES that's getting this error. Remote web sites that I am doing FTP updates to at the same time are not having any issues.

You trying to access this site from work? Are they using a Proxy? What kind of internet connection you using when you get these errors?

My net connection is a Commercial level Comcast Cable Modem.

And I've not seen this from any other sites. Sometimes its worse than others. Glad to see I'm not alone, however.

It's more annoying than anything. I tend to click in when I have a few moments. The real annoying times is when I just typed a long post and it happens. Yes, i can recover, but I usually go back to work and forget about the post until much later, or worse, do a reboot. (^_^)

Derek, if it's a traffic vs. $$ issue, let us know so that we can take up a collection.

Chris

At work, I use IE going out through dual 43mb DS3's No issues.
At home, I am on Comcast with IE and no issues.

Adam

T1 in work here primarily using Firefox. Sometimes IE if I happen to have that browser open for websites that don't work well with Firefox.

Verizon DSL at home using IE.

No problems with either

Bugie

Chris said:
OK, the message I am getting from my browser is:

---------------------------
The connection has timed out

The server at www.northeastshooters.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

-----------------------------------------

I have not had time to go looking, but I guess it could be Comcast that is causing me trouble. I just find it odd since it's only NES that's getting this error. Remote web sites that I am doing FTP updates to at the same time are not having any issues.

This might be a bug in the version of Firefox you are using.. Known to happen in v1.05 or 1.5 whatever their version scheme is

Some links to look at.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1962175&highlight=connection+timed#1962175

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=1990565&highlight=connection+timed#1990565

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewt...tdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=0

People are saying to go back to Mozilla Firefox v1.0.7 or use Seamonkey

JonJ said:
derek said:
Is everyone who is seeing this happen using Firefox? That's the only time I have seen it.
Yup

Me too - Firefox 1.5. BUT it only happens VERY occasionally, like once every couple of weeks or so...and only this site. If it were FF, I'd think it would do the same with other sites...at least once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom