Serious question: what will you do with unconstitutional orders

This is where the line between those who believe the job is "law enforcement" vs those who know the job is to protect and serve.
The "law enforcement" crowd will follow orders. When called out for the asinine behavior they will say "I'm just following orders." they will take no responsibility for their actions. We've already seen this in viral videos of storm troopers "enforcing" highly questionable executive orders.

Eliminating "qualified immunity" will eliminate "I vuz jus vollowink awdahs" defense.

Arizona is Expected to Pass Firearm Freedom Bill​

“On March 29, the Arizona Senate passed HB2111, a bill that would ban Arizona law enforcement from enforcing unconstitutional federal gun control laws.

Arizona gets it.
Here's an interesting factoid for the readers:

State and local LE have ZERO authority enforcing ANY Federal Law, period. They would have to be cross-sworn as Federal LE in order to do that legally. Likewise, Fed LE have ZERO authority enforcing state or local laws, and to do so would need to be cross-sworn as state/local LEOs as well.

When officers work on joint task forces, they are usually cross-sworn . . . I've seen some such IDs.

Now, would I would expect to happen in gulags like MA is that the state would invoke a Fed gun control law, thus making it a state law. In that case, state/local LE would be free to enforce such laws.

I'm not an LEO, so I don't care, that's why I'm offering my hypothetical opinion, but I know damn well I've never bragged publicly any time a cop gave me a pass on something, I would hope anyone else would have enough common sense not to do that. I also know if I was a cop in today's climate, my salary wouldn't be my only means of supporting my family, I'd have something to fall back on, because I would absolutely be willing to lose my badge to do the right thing.
This could be a reason you never became LEO.

This could be a reason you never became LEO.
No fully planned on that career path, got my bachelors in CJ and everything, but I was already making more money than I could as a cop doing something else before I graduated college and it got to the point where it made absolutely zero sense to go through all the bullshit to take a huge pay cut.

Sadly my gut says “they” will follow orders

“They “ already do. ? They will let the courts decide.

Hold officers personally accountable for unconstitutional acts and things might get better

Just 'Intimidation' by law enforcement is unconstitutional. That hasn't stopped LE from using blacked out SUVs, thug boots, and training specifically to intimidate.

Show me a vid a leo concerned with the constitution and I'll show you a unicorn.

Back
Top Bottom