series of "Unprovoked attacks" in downtown Boston

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
They're all frickin' 15 years old; boys and girls acting like thugs. Groups of 10-20 jumping on people who were alone, beating and robbing them. Pathetic. There's a reason my hand subtly slips under my shirt at times.

ColdDayInHell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They're all frickin' 15 years old; boys and girls acting like thugs. Groups of 10-20 jumping on people who were alone, beating and robbing them. Pathetic. There's a reason my hand subtly slips under my shirt at times.
+1

A very sanitized article, No mention as to the race of the subjects. ....... No, Couldn't be that!!!
While most of the time they're the same race, a group of thug pieces of shit is a group of thug pieces of shit to me.

J.A.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
this stuff makes me so mad. I can't help but think if groups of "kids" like this pulled this sh*t in the 50's or 60's you'd be finding them bleeding on the streets.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Oh attacks on Boston Common you say? gee i wonder if the attackers are aware that its against the law to carry a gun on the common so all their victims will be defensless? Arn't gun free zones great? [rolleyes]

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
They only charged a couple people out of the entire group. This is a case in which guilt by association is justified. Just because the victim can't pick out each person from the group they all need to be nabbed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If group of 20 white men attacked a black person, the national media would pick it up instantly and declare it a hate crime but we know only whites can be rayciss:

My inner libertarian wants to look past race but its hard to ignore the facts that blacks commit as disproportionate amount of crime relative to their population numbers and the media and political establishment brushes it off. Its even more ironic that every other ethnic group besides whites is allowed some type of group cohesion and political identity based on race but whites aren't.

After researching the FBI numbers for “Suicide of a Superpower,” this writer concluded: “An analysis of ‘single offender victimization figures’ from the FBI for 2007 finds blacks committed 433,934 crimes against whites, eight times the 55,685 whites committed against blacks. Interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white — with 14,000 assaults on white women by African Americans in 2007. Not one case of a white sexual assault on a black female was found in the FBI study.”
Though blacks are outnumbered 5-to-1 in the population by whites, they commit eight times as many crimes against whites as the reverse. By those 2007 numbers, a black male was 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse.
If interracial crime is the ugliest manifestation of racism, what does this tell us about where racism really resides — in America?
http://www.humanevents.com/2013/07/19/black-americas-real-problem-isnt-white-racism/

Last edited by a moderator:

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Oh attacks on Boston Common you say? gee i wonder if the attackers are aware that its against the law to carry a gun on the common so all their victims will be defensless? Arn't gun free zones great? [rolleyes]
Nobody I know who carries cares about that DCR restriction or whatever it is. Completely ignored.

-Mike

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
A very sanitized article, No mention as to the race of the subjects. ....... No, Couldn't be that!!!
Get with the program -- only whites can be racists. [thinking]

- - - Updated - - -

I have only been to Boston less than 10 times in the past 50 years, so I don't know it.

Were these attacks in the ghetto or what type of area?
Nope, not at all. There is a lot of shopping, offices, and some luxury condos in that area. It is right across the common from Beacon Hill. The Four Seasons Hotel and Taj Boston (two of the most expensive hotels in Boston) are a few blocks away.

F

Finalygotabeltfed

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
this stuff makes me so mad. I can't help but think if groups of "kids" like this pulled this sh*t in the 50's or 60's you'd be finding them bleeding on the streets.
Or dead in a doorway with their head parted in the middle by a bat.

mikeyp

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Mike and LenS is that an actual enforceable thing? No guns there? Our is this just an unenforceable sign in Mass you're deal?

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Similar stuff is going on all over the country. Much of it is ignored by the media.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mike and LenS is that an actual enforceable thing? No guns there? Our is this just an unenforceable sign in Mass you're deal?
It's not really enforceable. It's a, if you are here with a gun, please don't be or your trespassing, BS thing. Concealed is concealed - until I need it to defend me and mine, or some obvious victim of a violent crime being committed before my eyes.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
Well, I never ever heard about it until it was brought up here a short time ago.

I can guarantee that when GOAL held their 1999 rally on Boston Common (denied permission to hold it on the steps of the State House), of the 5K in attendance there were likely hundreds of CCW guns present. Nobody cared.

I've never heard of anyone charged with this "crime". I'm sure that 100s of law-abiding people pass thru there weekly carrying and not getting hassled for it.

It's just one of those things that I really (personally) wouldn't worry about. I'm not in a position to say if it is legal or enforceable however.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This stuff is old as the hills, and not restricted to any particular race. A bunch of youth get together and sometimes pack mentality sets in. I saw it when I was a teenager in an all white, small, affluent town.

I will, however, agree the reporting of this has changed over time and has become "sanitized" for the PC crowd.

Burgundy41

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that thug pieces of shit are thug pieces of shit. That being said we do know the vast numbers of these kind of attacks are Black on white and the media is not reporting it as such. Ref, the book, White Girl bleed A Lot.
Sorry but that book isn't a great source, unless you use it to justify what you already think of course then any number of black on white crimes = evidence of an epidemic. Yes, it's Salon but when you're using a source more biased you fight fire with fire and right wing sources aren't going to point it out.

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/13/why_conservatives_obsess_over_flash_mobs_and_race_riots/

"But this epidemic of racial crime isn’t an epidemic. It’s barely a blip. According to the FBI, there were 575 crimes motivated by anti-white bias in 2010, nationwide. There were 545 anti-white crimes in 2009 and 716 in 2008. There were more than 2,000 crimes motivated by anti-black bias in each one of those years. Of course, the book insinuates that all black-on-white crime is racially motivated, but even by that standard things are looking pretty rosy in America right now."

"In addition to having decided to make racial fear-mongering his profession, Flaherty’s also a sloppy aggregator. He gets wrong the simple details of the stories he’s abusing to make his argument, and he also seems to invent facts from thin air. Some examples from his column on a series of random incidents in Minneapolis, which became a chapter of his silly book: A woman who was badly beaten by a group of teenage girls is said to have been attacked by “a gang of 20 black women.” The number of attackers appears nowhere in the linked story. (He also seems to intentionally elide the stated motive for the attack, which wasn’t anti-white animus but a missing pair of sunglasses.) “In September of 2011, a crowd of 1,000 black people rioted through downtown fighting, stealing, destroying property,” he writes. There’s no way of knowing how many people were in the crowd, but it doesn’t look to me like 1,000. In the book he seems to have changed number to 800, though he still has no possible way of counting. (The person who uploaded video of the crowd’s brief marauding wrote of “a few hundred.”) Flaherty says “a group of black people attacked a mobile alcoholic beverage cart in Minneapolis,” but there’s no such thing as “mobile alcoholic beverage carts” in Minneapolis. The thing attacked was a bunch of people on one of those stupid group bicycles with a beer keg. This is all pretty basic stuff, and my folks always taught me that if you’re going to use a bunch of random incidents to try to convince people of the existence of a secret nationwide pandemic of racial violence, it’s best to get the details right."

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
I avoid the city whenever possible.
You and me both. I used to love going into the city for the nightlife, restaurants, etc.

Changes in parking meter laws (to 8PM), unarmed robbery by parking garages, grid-lock driving, etc. just took all the joy out of heading into the city for anything.

ETA: Even at night, road construction frequently means losing 1-2 lanes and further grid-lock traffic getting out of town late at night. Just not worth the hassle and expense.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They always seem to pick defenseless victims. Too bad me and 20 of my friends weren't there, to make it a fair fight. The BFD would have to come with fire hoses to clean up the mess we'd make. Victims need to fight back, strangers need to get involved, incidents like this need to end differently.

“It was weird. They would follow him, this whole swarm,’’ McNamara said. “At one point, they just came up to me, but they were totally focused on this guy. I was right there, I could have touched him. [But] I didn’t like the odds at all. I was just standing there motionless.’’
You pussy, you'd be just as good a target as any of the other victims.

Palladin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
comment from the Boston.com site:

I witnessed the attack on arch street. To me it was a very clear case of a targeted attack on a white man. I was walking down Arch st after getting off the red line and stumbled across what appeared to be the beginning of the scuffle. I thought at first it was a fight between two people but shortly after realized that wasn't the case when I saw at least 8 teenagers swarming the one guy. I heard the teenagers shouting things such as "get that white b*tch" and it appeared that they were attacking him, not only to mug him, but for the 'thrill'. At one point the man who was being attacked was running down arch st toward the CVS on summer st (I couldn't tell if he was trying to get away of chasing one of the gang that had stolen something from him) but he fell and the gang again converged on him and proceeded to stomp on his head while he was down. These thugs showed no regard for this guys life, and I am confident that had it been a black man leaving the arch st building where the attack started they would have kept moving to the next target. (oh and for those asking that havent figured it out - the entire gang was black and the man was white in the attack that I witnessed)

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
You and me both. I used to love going into the city for the nightlife, restaurants, etc.

Changes in parking meter laws (to 8PM), unarmed robbery by parking garages, grid-lock driving, etc. just took all the joy out of heading into the city for anything.

ETA: Even at night, road construction frequently means losing 1-2 lanes and further grid-lock traffic getting out of town late at night. Just not worth the hassle and expense.
Same here. Too old for that $hit now [grin]

center442

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's really not the young people's fault for behaving like this. Perhaps if the city provided more free neighborhood programs and events these kids would be too busy to get into trouble. It takes a village to raise a child, and clearly, in this case, the village is failing. Give the yutes something constructive to do and they won't act out like this.

Perhaps the city of Boston could construct a small Thunderdome on the Commons? And since the PRM insists that new gun magazines be limited to ten rounds (11, if you count the round chambered), the legislature should pass a law limiting roving wolf packs like this to no more than 11 participants.

I'm just trying to help. [smile]

Top Bottom