• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

September 13th rally - still a lot to do to get the word out

I'd like to share an educational experience I had yesterday with everyone. I've not held or fired a long-gun in almost 30 years so, as a birthday present to myself yesterday I participated in the Rifle 101 class at the Sig Sauer Academy in NH. Not to sound like a commercial for them, but it was a great experience. I got eight hours of learning on their AR platform as well as some trigger time on an AK and a very nice scoped .308 bolt-action rifle. After shooting my way through something close to $100 in ammo they provided as well as breaking down and reassembling the class-provided rifle I feel like I definitely got my money's worth and will be shopping for some things to fill the gun safe soon. I've got a bruised shoulder and a grin on my face that won't go away.

But, that's not why I'm writing this post. In the class were several other new shooters including one gentleman who is also from Massachusetts. After the class, he and I talked a bit. Turns out, he was completely unaware of the rally at the State House on September 13th or the fact that it's being held because of all the bills being commented upon that day. This man is an avid shooter (and better marksman than me by a long ways too) and member of a local club yet hadn't heard the message. [shocked] I fixed that problem by cluing him in to the rally and pointing him here for more details.

But, it makes me painfully aware of just how many gun owners there are out there that haven't heard the message yet. I'm taking 20 minutes out of my weekend to print up a quick sign/notice to post at my local gun club and I'm going to contact every other gun owner I know who isn't on this forum to spread the word. I'd encourage everyone else here to do the same so that we can have a massive showing on the 13th.

We need to be visible in large numbers to the politicians. Don't think for a second that they're ignoring the recall efforts going on in CO or the protests in other states. They're watching and they're doing the cold hard calculation of "are the numbers of people that care about this small enough that I can piss them off and still get elected on the basis of the anti-gun votes?" If they see enough of us standing out there, that equation looks a little less certain for the anti-gun politicians and the politicians that support our rights feel a little safer as well knowing there are enough of us to counter-balance the votes they'll loose from anti-gun voters if they support the second amendment.

TL:DR version: Get out there and tell everyone you know about the rally on the 13th and spread the word wherever you can. Many of our fellow gun owners are not nearly as well informed as we'd like to think they are based on the folks who hang out here regularly. We can fix that and make sure that we have a strong showing on the 13th.

Thanks.

Now the big question of the weekend - get an AR with a .22 conversion option to be able to practice more or get two dedicated rifles (one in 5.56 and one in .22) in the same form factor to practice? Why must life be filled with so many hard questions?

Last edited:
Id get a dedicated upper at the least. You want a slower riflimg twist for .22 and Id rather not wear on the barrel/lead the gas tube with ass tons of .22

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom