• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sent to local Rep.

This happened today!!
My fox hound was looking out the window today. She started flipping out! I figured it was a Korean couple that she seems to hate walking down the street. After few minutes a cruiser parks across the street an the female officer is looking at something. I've had it w/ my dog, so in the cage she goes. I go outside and there is a grey fox, a big grey fox sitting in my neighbors driveway. Another cruiser pulls up and you can see, something is not right w/ this animal. It is 3pm. It looks like it has something stuck in its' throat. The female officer starts to approach the fox, I advise against it and state there is something wrong w/ the dog. The male officer tells me it is a fox, my reply is No sh!t, what do you think a fox is. This thing starts to cross the road towards my house. The female officer draws her gun and is tracking the fox w/ it. The only issue is she ends up pointing it at me!! Thats when I beat feet. I was laughing when they were following it down the road in their cruisers w/ the blues on. What a bunch of morons. BTW, I offered to dispatch the fox, but the male officer stated it was their job???? Then a handgun is pointed in my direction. I hunt predators. These officers were clueless. Do they want a free class? Not only in dispatching animals, but awareness of where the muzzle is pointed.

Edit, I had no firearm on my person.

Should have told them to think rabies.

Respectfully,
jkelly

This happened today!!
My fox hound was looking out the window today. She started flipping out! I figured it was a Korean couple that she seems to hate walking down the street. After few minutes a cruiser parks across the street an the female officer is looking at something. I've had it w/ my dog, so in the cage she goes. I go outside and there is a grey fox, a big grey fox sitting in my neighbors driveway. Another cruiser pulls up and you can see, something is not right w/ this animal. It is 3pm. It looks like it has something stuck in its' throat. The female officer starts to approach the fox, I advise against it and state there is something wrong w/ the dog. The male officer tells me it is a fox, my reply is No sh!t, what do you think a fox is. This thing starts to cross the road towards my house. The female officer draws her gun and is tracking the fox w/ it. The only issue is she ends up pointing it at me!! Thats when I beat feet. I was laughing when they were following it down the road in their cruisers w/ the blues on. What a bunch of morons. BTW, I offered to dispatch the fox, but the male officer stated it was their job???? Then a handgun is pointed in my direction. I hunt predators. These officers were clueless. Do they want a free class? Not only in dispatching animals, but awareness of where the muzzle is pointed.

Wow am I glad I didn't come by your place today. LOL.

See you tomorrow anyway.

This happened today!!

Yet another "I had to show these dumb cops" thread. Was "Yeah, No shit" your best response to the Officer's statement? Pure genius. Now go clean your guns.

Yet another "I had to show these dumb cops" thread. Was "Yeah, No shit" your best response to the Officer's statement? Pure genius. Now go clean your guns.

I think getting flagged by anyone, even the popo, is enough to piss someone off. I know in my unit if you flagged someone you received a nice kick in the chest.

I think getting flagged by anyone, even the popo, is enough to piss someone off. I know in my unit if you flagged someone you received a nice kick in the chest.

When I was in Junior Rifle, muzzle violations would be like death and were completely unheard of. Little things like trigger finger, actions not open, etc. would result in a very long and painful round of push-ups. Strangely, it was pretty rare anyone did pushups.

Rules work when the consequences are stiff.

I'll bet you didn't get to imprint your sole very often.

Sadly, the people who need a nice kick to the head don't get it.

From the Frantics:

People talking in movie shows
People smoking in bed
People voting Democrat
Give them a boot to the head!

Boot to the head
ya ya
Boot to the head
ya ya

I think I still have my card from my basic firearm class and be glad to send it to her. [smile]

Last edited:
Actually the officer may have been reffering to this. The opinions of wether a fox is a true dog vary.

Although the term dog generally refers to tame and domesticated pet dogs (Canis lupus familiaris), it can also be used for any other mammal of the Canidae ("the dog family") including foxes, wolves, coyotes etc. Furthermore Male foxes are called Dogs or Reynard.

Domestic dogs were classified as a separate species Canis familiaris in 1758 but were reclassified in 1993 as a subspecies of the gray wolf. The dog family was thus divided into "foxes" and "true dogs". However, this subdivision may not actually be in accordance with their relations

The fox can be classified as a rather small omnivorous canine. There are different species of fox on almost every continent but the most common is the Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes).According to recent genetic fossil research, it is probable that Dogs were domesticated from wolves. This would have happened anywhere between 15,000 and 100,000 years ago. A female fox is called a vixen and her young are called cubs or kits. The collective noun for a group of foxes is a Skulk

How's that for a bit of useless information? Pilfered from the web but going back to my college days as a forestestry/natural resources major. I learned all kinds of fun stuff. One of my finals was sitting in a dark auditorioum identifying all American waterfowl by sillouete only. Oh yeah I know some realy valuable stuff.

Last edited:
This happened today!!

Everyone is obviously not a hunter or deals with problem animals, many cops are hunters but many are not.....so your really cannot fault them for that, and the fox is a saftey issue it is pretty much their problem unless it's really on your doorstep, near your kids or dog.

No excuse for the muzzle sweep or whatever she did to you.....

Part of me would want to contact the CLEO about the muzzle sweep. However, you may end up getting pulled over for nothing later or perhaps they don't renew your LTC. Really sucks they have this much power that you risk your rights for calling out an unsafe officer.

Back
Top Bottom