• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sent in my Form 1 today, some hilarity ensued

Well, I came home to a DOJ envelope one day and wasy very excited until I opened it......I found inside a letter from the DOJ requesting duplicates of application to make a firearm. well, I certainly sent two in and here goes two more and more time to wait now. damn you DoJ.

I finally received my tax stamp. was approved 7/15/2012 and delivered 7/23/2012, i am super excited and will be building out a 11.5" SBR now.

- - - Updated - - -

And efaxed my 5320.20 to be able to travel to NH in the near future as well, I can not wait to get some range time once it is built

KMM696- waiting by far is the worst part, do your self a favor and stop looking at various websites and contemplating your build.....

I just called to follow up on my 5320.20 that I faxed in and found it to be pending as of July 26th, and when I asked what the average turn around time is, I was answered with 45 days...........hurray for more waiting before I can set foot on in NH with the SBR.

I'm still waiting for parts to come in and as soon as I'm done with the build, will have pics on my blog that I will be linking to hopefully in the bear future

I finally got most of the parts in last night and have the SBR built, still awaiting optic and charging handle, will post pics once completed

So... you have to fill out a 5320.20 every time you want to take an NFA item to another state? For instance, the Gunpowder Pig? So, file everything at least 60 days in advance and hope there's no delays, got it.

I'd like a little less regulation on my free time, please, thanks.

So... you have to fill out a 5320.20 every time you want to take an NFA item to another state? For instance, the Gunpowder Pig? So, file everything at least 60 days in advance and hope there's no delays, got it.

File everything and every state (that you would potentially bring it) for an entire year. Done. Wash, rinse, repeat as needed. You do not need to file 5320s for suppressors, but that's the only exception I'm aware of. I know that MG, SBR, SBS all need 5320s. )

-Mike

Scarecrow- the 5320.20 process isn't that bad, I electronically filed via fax over web, I have all of the applications done in PDF per state with everything filled out and all i have to do is change the date and re-file next year. is it slightly annoying? you bet, but it is what it is.

as for my sbr, i have it mostly done except for the optic which I am still waiting for it's arrival. I posted pics at this LINK for those curious of it's appearance.

Back
Top Bottom