• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

sending care package for troops

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Our family would like to send some care packages for the holidays to the troops stationed overseas. Can anyone give us an address to send a few packages to?

My buddy deployed this week so once I get an address I can pass it on.

Also what are good things to send them? I have heard baby wipes and beef jerky are good.

My buddy is air force reserve and is in Afghanistan.

+1 for that. A very thoughtful gesture. I'd give you my son's address, but he may be coming home after Christmas and a package may not make it to him now.

My buddy deployed this week so once I get an address I can pass it on.

Also what are good things to send them? I have heard baby wipes and beef jerky are good.

My buddy is air force reserve and is in Afghanistan.

Do a search here, we have covered this numerous time.[wink] Also if you can get addy's try to get a wish list. Some areas have more wants and needs than others.

Google "adopt a soldier" you can adopt just for Christmas or all year long. I have sent magazines, jerky, gum, socks, chapstick, microwave popcorn (some of them have access to a microwave), movies, newspapers occasionally (for a big event or parade), power bars, T shirts, and of course our appreciation for their service in the form of letters and cards. I did this through www.adoptasoldier.org

I have a friend that is currently over there. He is a Marine and he does not keep any package sent to him. Instead he distributes all items to his men. He is a good man. If you want his address, please PM me and I will send it to him. But no matter what is sent, he distributes to others.

Back
Top Bottom