Send Minininjer A Christmas Knife Contest! WINNER! Allen-1!

[laugh]
story of my life...I got harassed and branded a troll when I came in. [angry] things haven't changed much in 7 years, maybe it is me! [laugh]

Absolutely not a troll! Thing is with this site you need very thick skin.

Remember what Nietzsche said:

"That which does not kill us, makes our posts funnier..."

You friend,
~Matt

Is there fine print that says I, minininjer, cannot have my own name be submitted to the list, where I will pick a winner? [laugh]

I’m much more of a selfie photo kind of millennial so it’s been weird, awkward but surprisingly, fun to do these knife unboxing videos for this thread. This one was done at 230am early this morning (or late last night).

Still working on unboxing the 2 other knives I have in my possession. Might do one right now...

Thing is with this site you need very thick skin.
haha, for sure. I can bring it with the best now. [laugh] if I say something looney tunes I expect shit coming my way.

pssst, mr. enbloc, come closer to the screen, I don't want anyone else to know this....sometimes I like to get reactions from people, kinda fun! [wink]

Is there fine print that says I, minininjer, cannot have my own name be submitted to the list, where I will pick a winner? [laugh]

I’m much more of a selfie photo kind of millennial so it’s been weird, awkward but surprisingly, fun to do these knife unboxing videos for this thread. This one was done at 230am early this morning (or late last night).

Still working on unboxing the 2 other knives I have in my possession. Might do one right now...

Hah! I have the same knife, only without the cool paint job.

#MeToo GC...#Metoo!

Great vid Cindy! Pretty soon you will have your own Youtube channel like Hickok45 or FPSRussia and you will be a BIG INTERNET STAR!

Great little knife, BTW...

~Matt

Cindy. The "notches" on the spine of the blade are called "Jimping" and are used to keep the thumb from sliding forward during "Wet Work" (Rain, skinning, gutting, blood letting.)
The lanyard allows you to put your wrist through the loop so you can retain the knife when you need both hands free without having to put the blade on the ground or far from your grasp.

The Bucklite MAX is one of my favorite EDC carry fixed blades because of how light the entire package is, how durable the blade is and how well it keeps an edge under heavy use, but regains an edge easily with a little honing. The grip is almost adhesive and will not slip under the wettest conditions. This is the perfect trail knife or hiker because when needed, it does the work of a much bigger knife, but disappears on the hip.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and that it sees you through any and all adversity that Mother Nature sends your way.

Camp On!
~Matt

Last edited:
Cindy. The "notches" on the spine of the blade are called "Jimping" and are used to keep the thumb from sliding forward during "Wet Work" (Rain, skinning, gutting, blood letting.)
The lanyard allows you to put your wrist through the loop so you can retain the knife when you need both hands free without having to put the blade on the ground or far from your grasp.

The Bucklite MAX is one of my favorite EDC carry fixed blades because of how light the entire package is how durable the blade is and how well it keeps an edge under heavy use, but regains an edge easily with a little honing. The grip is almost adhesive and will not slip under the wettest conditions. This is the perfect trail knife or hiker because when needed, it does the work of a much bigger knife, but disappears on the hip.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and that it sees you through any and all adversity that Mother Nature sends your way.
~Matt

Not a crude saw? Damned internet [crying]

She had a pretty good grasp on the handle though, jimp or not. The knife must be much smaller than it appears to be. It didn't dwarf her hands.

The blade is 3.25", overall 7.375 and weight 2.8oz!
The handle gives you great control and leverage. It is not an expensive knife, but man does it get the job done!
This is a Most Excellent Stocking Stuffer for Christmas!

31xFxfoZFgL.jpg

The knife must be much smaller than it appears to be. It didn't dwarf her hands.

This was one of my major considerations on choosing this fixed blade for her. I knew that a "Bowie" length knife, although cool, would not provide "Good Service" to her.
This one is perfect and fills the "Rigid Fixed Blade" need that any Avid Outdoors Person requires. Also, the spine will strike a spark on a ferro rod...

Buck also offers a 4" blade in the Bucklite MAX Series Model 679. Which is also full tang and comes with Buck's Forever Warranty. 8.750" overall length, 5.5oz total weight.

Both are Made in America.

Comparison photo:
Top: 679
Bottom: 673
iu

Knifecenter.com has the 673 for $18.95
Buck 673 BuckLite MAX Small Hunting Knife 3-1/4 inch 420HC Blade
and the 679 for $23.95
Buck 679 BuckLite MAX Large Hunting Knife 4 inch 420HC Blade

~Matt

Last edited:
Everyone. I received the last "Christmas Gift Knife" for minininjer today and will be getting the remainder to her.
If anyone else was thinking of sending something, just PM me and let me know.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this event.
It shows the quality of people here and especially in the "Knives" Forum.

You truly are a "Cut Above" the rest.

Regards and Respect,
~Matt

Everyone. I received the last "Christmas Gift Knife" for minininjer today and will be getting the remainder to her.
If anyone else was thinking of sending something, just PM me and let me know.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this event.
It shows the quality of people here and especially in the "Knives" Forum.

You truly are a "Cut Above" the rest.

Regards and Respect,
~Matt

Plenty of time for more entries before Xmas rolls around :D As enbloc has already said, thanks everyone!! So far, it's been really fun. I do still have one box in my possession right now that I need to unbox before I receive more from Mr. enbloc. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Plenty of time for more entries before Xmas rolls around :D As enbloc has already said, thanks everyone!! So far, it's been really fun. I do still have one box in my possession right now that I need to unbox before I receive more from Mr. enbloc. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

I guess there is no harm in stretching it out a little longer. It ain't even Thanksgiving yet! [rofl2]

c318836e635a6349d500c2061576cc66.jpg

Thank you for this knife! I enjoyed your package [laugh] (the packing/packaging)

Got two more in my possession. Been a bit occupied lately so it’s taking a while to open these recent ones.

Still plenty of time for more entries before Xmas though, so keep ‘em comin’! All y’all are great, especially Mr. Enbloc for being the middle man and getting these to me.

Last edited:
OK. I just reviewed Minininja's last Unboxing video and I must say... excellent Christmas Gift! Great knife and what a fun video to watch...
Super job guys!
Merry Christmas!
~Matt

Those Ontario RAT 1’s and 2’s punch above their price range. My wife has a pink one in her purse she uses all the time. I’ve seen her whip it out on the T to attack a shirt tag and no one even batted an eye.
‘Cuz pink

You may want to disinfect that thing after you flip the clip. You never know with those darn leftys.

I had a lot of fun watching that unboxing video Minininja! Some nice pieces there that can jump-start a beginner collector!

Anyone who is interested in playing along and sending Minininjer a Christmas knife can still PM me and be entered in the NES Zippo to be picked by Cindy, when all are in!

Thanks for all the fun, warm thoughts and Merry Christmas Spirit that everyone who participated helped contribute!

Merry Christmas to All and a Joyous New Year!

~Matt

Back
Top Bottom