• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senators Schumer and Feinstein Packing Heat

This is the kind of information that needs to be distributed on a wide basis. Unfortunatly, the "mainstream media" will not publish it. What really irks me, is when there are debates such as between candidates, they never seem to punch the opponent in the gut with stuff like this. It's almost like there is an agreement between the parties to not mention certain things.
Like the thread that was titled something like "the speech Bush wanted to give". Why the hell doesn't he just come out and say it? What's he got to lose? Can you imagine the response if these guys would just say what we know they want to say? Talk about respect.
OK, I'll shut up now...

JonJ said:
Like the thread that was titled something like "the speech Bush wanted to give". Why the hell doesn't he just come out and say it? What's he got to lose? Can you imagine the response if these guys would just say what we know they want to say?

Unfortunately, Jon, as far as I know, the thing I posted about "the speech Bush wanted to give" was just a joke. I don't know it's origin, but I strongly doubt it was GWB. (or even the George Washington Bridge!).

I can put it real simply for you: It's because the lying swine want to get re-elected and keep feeding at the public trough and enjoy their power. I doubt there are many (if ANY) politicians who really put the welfare of their country/state/city first, frankly.

Can you see any of our esteemed ruling class pledging their "lives, {their} fortunes and {their} sacred honor"?

I dont think they have an agreement. The libs throw all kinds of shit out there even when it's not true.

You know, I saw some serious flaws in that article. Only 4 states have no provision for concealed carry. A few more allow permits, but reality dictates that normal people won't get one.

I myself have 2 permits, NH and Utah, and can carry in 30 states. I guess that's apparently less than half of 50, since the article says "Unfortunately most states -- especially those called Blue States due to their Liberal-leanings -- continue to prohibit private citizens from carrying concealed handguns". Must be that "new math" every one talks about. I call it "fuzzy statistics", or by it's other term, BS.

Now, other than getting those facts WRONG, it's a decent read, and the intent is both true and just.

Nickle said:
You know, I saw some serious flaws in that article. Only 4 states have no provision for concealed carry. A few more allow permits, but reality dictates that normal people won't get one.

I myself have 2 permits, NH and Utah, and can carry in 30 states. I guess that's apparently less than half of 50, since the article says "Unfortunately most states -- especially those called Blue States due to their Liberal-leanings -- continue to prohibit private citizens from carrying concealed handguns". Must be that "new math" every one talks about. I call it "fuzzy statistics", or by it's other term, BS.

Now, other than getting those facts WRONG, it's a decent read, and the intent is both true and just.

I don't think that he meant that they don't allow it, more that for the most part they don't allow it.

Like MA, we have a CCW here, but if you talk to most people, they can't get one that's not restricted in most towns.

My point is that if I can carry in 30 states, (and could in many others, IF I applied), that leaves 20 states, or 40%.

Since when is 40% considered MOST?

As I said, flawed statistics.

And put me on record as advocating a National CCW law. Vermont style carry for ALL US Citizens not barred from firearms ownership by current Federal standards (just like VT has NOW).

Nickle said:
And put me on record as advocating a National CCW law. Vermont style carry for ALL US Citizens not barred from firearms ownership by current Federal standards (just like VT has NOW).

I believe that was the 2nd Amendment.

I believe I will start a national cause that requires anyone who wishes to speak and express their views to possess a current license and attend mandatory training.

TonyD said:
Nickle said:

I believe that was the 2nd Amendment.

I believe I will start a national cause that requires anyone who wishes to speak and express their views to possess a current license and attend mandatory training.

It WAS, but not any more. It needs to be spelled out for the dumb Liberals. They think they've made ownership and carry HARDER, but count the number of states that allow carry, and the number of "shall issue" states.

FWIW, only 4 states don't allow carry. Yes, some are impossible to get permits, but they used to not even allow that.

Back
Top Bottom