• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senator "Charles "Chuck" Schumer (D) NY wants to ban home-made bombs

Monadnock

NES Member
I searched for dupes and found none, though admittedly, my duplicate post search skills seem to be lacking.

Senator Chuck "the IRS is my sidearm" Schumer is pushing to introduce a Bill to outlaw home-made bomb making. It is presently illegal for businesses to manufacture "bombs", but not for individuals to do so. I searched for citation on Schumer's .GOV site for declarations, notes or even comments and found none. I believe that his statement was released on Friday the 16th.

I am very curious as to the language in the proposed Bill, if it has even made it that far along.

Is mixed binary explosive considered a bomb? It is most certainly an explosive after mixing, and the components are normally in very close proximity before blending. So, potentially, depending upon the definition that is proposed in the language of a Bill, will Tannerite (a well-known and oft used binary-x) become illegal contraband? Will it be outlawed after legal wrangling determines whether precedent is nul and void? Or will it be excluded from the definition as a pre-mix only to become illegal as soon as you combine the ingrediaents?

The BATF&E has yet to make a public comment regarding the Senator's Bill.

NY Senator Charles Schumer's .gov website

Bing search results

NY Daily News article

Without doubt, tannerite is on their radar and the target of this. But so is any type of "device" like these soda bottle things kids figured out with the candies. They will not rest until the UN definition of explosives is used (which incorrectly covers non explosives like propellent) and takes down fireworks with it.

PS: I will add that Bilzerian is fighting for his freedom right now because he blew up something with tannerite. I think he exceeded some sort of federal size limit or something, not sure of the details, but the federal prosecutor is looking to make an example out of him.

Senator "Charles "Chuck" Schumer (D) NY wants to ban home-made bombs

Bilzerian is that a guys name or Nes members sn? Never heard of this .

Last edited:
let me get this straight, the senator wants to stop terrorists who kill people (thereby breaking the law) by making it illegal to make bombs...........[hmmm] well im glad the Senator has found the problem with terrorism....Legal bombs [rolleyes]

let me get this straight, the senator wants to stop terrorists who kill people (thereby breaking the law) by making it illegal to make bombs...........[hmmm] well im glad the Senator has found the problem with terrorism....Legal bombs [rolleyes]

Exactly. This is about legal bombs and terrorists like the Kardashians are about personal privacy. It's an excuse to take out things not actually explosive or useful for bomb making.

PS: I will add that Bilzerian is fighting for his freedom right now because he blew up something with tannerite. I think he exceeded some sort of federal size limit or something, not sure of the details, but the federal prosecutor is looking to make an example out of him.

Still having a good time.

Sounds like he is at the Shot Show:

https://www.facebook.com/danbilzerianofficial

now he wants to ban green laser pointers too...

Schumer wants to ban high-powered green laser pointers
http://nypost.com/2015/03/16/schumer-wants-to-ban-high-powered-green-laser-pointers/

Sen. Charles Schumer wants the federal government to ban the sale of high-powered green laser pointers such as the one that impeded four pilots last week.

“Shining a green laser into an airplane isn’t just pointless, it’s highly dangerous,” Schumer said Sunday.

Schumer’s statement came after a Bronx man admitted pointing a military-strength laser at planes landing at La Guardia last Monday.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/16/schumer-wants-to-ban-high-powered-green-laser-pointers/

Sen. Charles Schumer wants the federal government to ban the sale of high-powered green laser pointers such as the one that impeded four pilots last week.

“Shining a green laser into an airplane isn’t just pointless, it’s highly dangerous,” Schumer said Sunday.

Schumer’s statement came after a Bronx man admitted pointing a military-strength laser at planes landing at La Guardia last Monday.

What the **** is a military strength laser? Oh yeah, it scares the sheeple...

Oh dear, I may or may not own two. If I own one, will I be grandfathered as a pre-ban purchase?

What the **** is a military strength laser? Oh yeah, it scares the sheeple...
There are power restrictions on laser output that are of course waived for military use...

However, this is nonsense. If someone hurts someone with malice of forethought, they have committed a crime. If they hurt someone without malice, then tort may apply.

Nothing in either of those requires banning things. Nothing in either of those allows banning things according to the constitution.

There are power restrictions on laser output that are of course waived for military use...

However, this is nonsense. If someone hurts someone with malice of forethought, they have committed a crime. If they hurt someone without malice, then tort may apply.

Nothing in either of those requires banning things. Nothing in either of those allows banning things according to the constitution.

But cekim, don't you understand, this obviously needs a special disposition because evidence reveals that the incident falls under the umbrella of a hate crime. You know, after all, there has been no mention of red, purple, blue or even yellow laser pointers.

He'd better ban mirrors too. They can be used to reflect the light of the Sun into pilots eyes. Hmmmmm.....on second thought, maybe he should just ban the Sun.....it is awfully bright dontcha know. [thinking]

ETA: Damn you new guy.....you posted while I was typing.....lol

And I seriously doubt his laser was over federal power limits. The company that sells 90% of them to the public would not have been able to import them. Which means this isn't a "military grade laser" (not that any such bull shit exists) but a laser. Period. But that doesn't sound as good.

Back
Top Bottom