• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senate PANEL approves Assault Weapons Ban

Re: Senate approves Assault Weapons Ban

Thank senator Leahy from Vermont. He claimed during the discussion he had an Arsenal of weapons. Yet you cannot have even one of the weapons Feinstein doesnt like. God if I heard her say high cap clips one more time it'll drive me to drink. Then again is almost St Pattys day!

"I'm not a sixth-grader," said a visibly upset Feinstein. She described her decades in Congress involved in gun control debates and said, "I'm reasonably well-educated, and thank you for the lecture."

So by her/it's own admission, it's "reasonably well-educated" to something above the 6th grade level. Maybe in book-learning, but not when it comes to how people act/react. I can only hope that whatever group of citizens she's supposed to represent kick her nappy ass out of office come next election cycle. Hell, they shouldn't wait that long, just get her out of office NOW...

"Senate approves Assault Weapons Ban" is not the same as "Senate panel approves assault weapons ban"

Dianne Feinstein is the senior United States Senator from California, she's been their senator since 1992; in the 2012 election, she claimed the record for the most popular votes in any U.S. Senate election in history. Given that Californians are already living under strict gun control, they are unlikely to give a **** about her push for nationwide laws.

I hate misleading headlines. The Senate did not approve a ban. One Senate committee approved a ban that is unlikely to be passed by the full Senate, much less survive the House.

Edit: the other Kevin beat me by seconds. [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

Where can I get some of those "bullets that implode"? How does a solid object implode, anyway?

It has been proposed that the ban passed committee only so that Democrats in pro gun states can drape themselves in the flag as they vote it down. As KBCraig said, it has very little chance of going anywhere.

Keep your eye on what they are trying to pass with this distraction. They know the AWB is DOA. They want this as the shiny object people focus on, then pass a BS "background" check bill.

Keep your eye on what they are trying to pass with this distraction. They know the AWB is DOA. They want this as the shiny object people focus on, then pass a BS "background" check bill.

Yup..plus there are enough RINO's in both houses to create some angst.

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has quietly added a slew of new measures to his self-sponsored gun control bill currently making its way through the Senate.

Schumer has been fighting to get his Protecting Responsible Gun Sellers Act of 2013 (S 374)--now called the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013--passed into law, but one of the early problems with the bill was that it was essentially a shell or placeholder bill, incomplete at the time of introduction.

Ostensibly, Schumer's bill is meant to change current laws to require that all firearm sales initiate a background check on the buyer before the sale is finalized. Currently, private citizens are exempt from performing background checks when they sell guns to other private citizens.

Though the original bill introduced was a shortened version, the New York Senator has since added new amendments to his bill that raise concerns for gun rights advocates.

Schumer's new Section 202 will make it illegal for an unlicensed person to transfer a gun to any other non-licensed person. The law would require that a licensed gun seller perform an NICS check and fill out a Form 4473 before a transfer would be legal.

Sen. Schumer Quietly Adds Extreme Measures to Gun Sellers Bill

Schumer's S. 374: Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013 is intolerable.

The full text of S. 374 is pretty horrible, this shall not pass!

S. 374 said:
it shall be unlawful for any person who is not licensed under this chapter to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the firearm for the purpose of complying with subsection (s). Upon taking possession of the firearm, the licensee shall comply with all requirements of this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the firearm from the licensee’s inventory to the unlicensed transferee.
This is the worst case kind of UBC approach, forcing all private transfers into dealer's bound books, as the term "licensed under this chapter" refers to being an FFL, not just a CHL.

I hate misleading headlines. The Senate did not approve a ban. One Senate committee approved a ban that is unlikely to be passed by the full Senate, much less survive the House.

Edit: the other Kevin beat me by seconds. [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

Where can I get some of those "bullets that implode"? How does a solid object implode, anyway?

I wish feinstein's head would implode.

- - - Updated - - -

It has been proposed that the ban passed committee only so that Democrats in pro gun states can drape themselves in the flag as they vote it down. As KBCraig said, it has very little chance of going anywhere.

Good. I can sleep tonight.

Dick Durbin is a F'en idiot, embarrassment to his chair. My rights are not for you to decide pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom