Senate Gun-Deal Negotiators Differ on Red-Flag Laws, Domestic Abuser Rules

"I call on Americans across the country to make their voices heard on gun safety. Lives are on the line."

Pretty sure that's what the left calls a dog whistle. Time for the SCOTUS judges to be offered protections from the crazy leftists in this country. Automatic death sentence...I thought Obama was Anti American, Joe Dumbass makes Obama look like a Patriot..

Just a thought, but I have been wondering if neither political party wants to run the hen house come this November. We have food shortages on the horizon and an economic recession and the repubs only plan is to block Biden, nothing positive. Whoever is in control starting next year is going to face a lot of anger from voters. I think democrats are throwing it to the repubs just to watch them sink when they do nothing, which is normal republican positions.

Functionally speaking what would you suggest as an alternative?

Do you think dems would sign onto a bipartisan bill that (effectively) would shit on biden's policies by proxy? Doubt. Someone like Manchin or Sinema might sign onto something like
that but a lot of the more boring dems wont touch anything like that.

Also these days "stopping the gov from doing something" regardless of which side is in power is usually a net win for citizens. Government never usually improves anything, instead only
f***s it up worse.

Functionally speaking what would you suggest as an alternative?

Do you think dems would sign onto a bipartisan bill that (effectively) would shit on biden's policies by proxy? Doubt. Someone like Manchin or Sinema might sign onto something like
that but a lot of the more boring dems wont touch anything like that.

Also these days "stopping the gov from doing something" regardless of which side is in power is usually a net win for citizens. Government never usually improves anything, instead only
f***s it up worse.

I'm not suggesting that there is even an alternative. I think that we are going to head into a recession next year and combined with food shortages and sky high gas prices neither the republican nor the democrats want to be in charge. It's going to be a freaking mess on the horizon. Repubs have a storied history of sitting on their hands and doing nothing or just saying to the president, sorry no.

I don't disagree that freeing people from under the shadow of .gov is a good thing. I just think that Mitch McConnell is absolutely the wrong guy for the job since he is the hand sitter in chief.

I'm not suggesting that there is even an alternative. I think that we are going to head into a recession next year and combined with food shortages and sky high gas prices neither the republican nor the democrats want to be in charge. It's going to be a freaking mess on the horizon. Repubs have a storied history of sitting on their hands and doing nothing or just saying to the president, sorry no.

I don't disagree that freeing people from under the shadow of .gov is a good thing. I just think that Mitch McConnell is absolutely the wrong guy for the job since he is the hand sitter in chief.

Also, food for thought.... how does the legislative branch override the executive other than by impeaching the president?

A large % of the problems we face right now is because of Biden having shit policy in place (eg, for example the Border)

Or for example, his control of the FDA (by proxy, with the baby formula thing) etc. so on.

Or for example, his policies on drilling and fossil fuel or other energy decisions that are basically soley under the executive. I don't think congress can pass a law that
forces drilling access somewhere. (might be wrong about this, but doubt)

Best case scenario republicans rally to impeach biden and even get some bipartisan support (because its obvious the guy is brain dead/walking dead/senile whatever)

Even then, you end up with KamelToe Harris, who is likely worse.

Theres no "list of great things the GOP can magically come in and do" other than resort to a few dirty hacks to try to limit the carnage.

Also, food for thought.... how does the legislative branch override the executive other than by impeaching the president?

A large % of the problems we face right now is because of Biden having shit policy in place (eg, for example the Border)

Or for example, his control of the FDA (by proxy, with the baby formula thing) etc. so on.

Or for example, his policies on drilling and fossil fuel or other energy decisions that are basically soley under the executive. I don't think congress can pass a law that

Best case scenario republicans rally to impeach biden and even get some bipartisan support (because its obvious the guy is brain dead/walking dead/senile whatever)

Theres no "list of great things the GOP can magically come in and do" other than resort to a few dirty hacks to try to limit the carnage.

So let's say repubs win a huge prize in November, but short of a 2/3rd majority in both houses. They can do anything except override a presidential veto. So the repubs immediately move to impeach Biden. Let's say they are successful and get some dems to get onboard and Biden is gone. Great.

However while all this is happening the country's economy continues to falter and simply blaming everything on senile old Biden is going to be hard to explain to someone who is unemployed, hungry and simply wants good things back. The left offers free funny money, the right offers impeachment and president Harris.

I've always said that what the country needs is 2/3rds control of congress by repubs. This way it doesn't matter who is in the white house, Brandon, dimwitted Harris or anyone else. With 2/3 vetos can be overridden, judge seats can be denied, laws and executive orders easily over turned, etc.

So let's say repubs win a huge prize in November, but short of a 2/3rd majority in both houses. They can do anything except override a presidential veto. So the repubs immediately move to impeach Biden. Let's say they are successful and get some dems to get onboard and Biden is gone. Great.

However while all this is happening the country's economy continues to falter and simply blaming everything on senile old Biden is going to be hard to explain to someone who is unemployed, hungry and simply wants good things back. The left offers free funny money, the right offers impeachment and president Harris.

I've always said that what the country needs is 2/3rds control of congress by repubs. This way it doesn't matter who is in the white house, Brandon, dimwitted Harris or anyone else. With 2/3 vetos can be overridden, judge seats can be denied, laws and executive orders easily over turned, etc.
Sure. Of course, those who generally agree with the standard Democrat ticket say the same thing.

Which is how we end up deadlocked, fighting for table scraps.

Money. Refuse to allocate or constrain funds for the organizations and programs that implement such crappy policies. That's how the DemocRats and RINOs kept Trump from implementing the border wall, and other policies.

And file lawsuits.

But other than those, yea, there's not much that can be done. Hearings are a complete waste these days as the media will not pick up the torch even when it burns their little notepads up. And impeachment would be a frying-pan-into-the-fire event.

There's no "list of great things the GOP can magically come in and do" other than resort to a few dirty hacks to try to limit the carnage.
They can repeal the authorizing legislation for various regulatory agencies, stop funding agencies, and impeach various officials so that the cabinet & agency heads get emptied out. Shut off the money printer at the fed.

Austerity is what the country needs to tackle the debt and inflation. Gutting regulation to allow for economic growth is the real 'free money' to grow the economy to grow the tax base to pay down the debt and catch up real economic activity (rather than printer go brrrr) with a constrained money supply to get inflation under control.

They can repeal the authorizing legislation for various regulatory agencies, stop funding agencies, and impeach various officials so that the cabinet & agency heads get emptied out. Shut off the money printer at the fed.
Most politicians (regardless of affiliation) don't have the balls to do things like cut money from TLAs though. I haven't ever seen a single republicant admin in my lifetime that said something like "Hey we should cut the FBIs budget by about two thirds, its pretty obvious they dont need most of it. "

It's a great idea (as a generality) but most pols dont have the political courage to do it.

Even if they can override the veto the executive is still a huge problem, unless legislation can exist or be passed that either overrides or nullifies certain kinds of executive
powers.

Like if congress passed a bill to re-authorize the Keystone XL pipeline, could they override the EO that shut it down and "weld the valve open" so to speak?

If they can't do that legislatively you end up with a stalemate.

Even if they can override the veto the executive is still a huge problem, unless legislation can exist or be passed that either overrides or nullifies certain kinds of executive
powers.

Like if congress passed a bill to re-authorize the Keystone XL pipeline, could they override the EO that shut it down and "weld the valve open" so to speak?

If they can't do that legislatively you end up with a stalemate.

"All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives." - I would imagine that congress could do anything they want with enough of one party in power including reigning in a sitting president.

I recall the US Senate situation that happened in MA when Kennedy died and the current state law was the power to nominate went to the governor, so in the dark of night, the democrats changed the law to take the power away from Romney and make it an election issue. When Romney left office the MA legislature quietly changed the law back to what it used to be.

I would imagine a super majority congress could do the same thing. Alter the rules, change the law and if they are worried about losing control in the future change it back before they lose power thereby robbing a new incoming political party the ability to use the same power. I believe that's what our founders wanted and why they gave so much power to congress or the legislative bodies (fed and states). This way the institutions closest to the people could sieze control of an out of control government or a president who wanted to declare himself emperor.

Some powers are reserved to the executive,
but a veto-proof majority (or extraordinary circumstances that
motivate aisle-crossing) can do a certain amount.

(Not that I see it happening in the next two years, but)
Congress sets the budget. If they submit austerity budgets,
and have the balls to stand firm, they can smack the state around
a whole lot.

The experience with Clinton is that it doesn't work out for the opposition party.
People would have to be like three times as ripsh¡t about Biden's policies
in order for the GOP to escape fatal blowback for impeachment -
way too many voters would view it as "politics by other means".
And you really don't want to impeach but fail to convict.

The-injury-therefore-that-we-do-to-a-man-must-be-such-that-we-need-not-fear-his-vengeance.jpg

Even if they can override the veto the executive is still a huge problem, unless legislation can exist or be passed that either overrides or nullifies certain kinds of executive powers.
By design, actual enumerated powers have at most a check-and-balance.
And some may be virtually absolute.

I would imagine a super majority congress could do the same thing. Alter the rules, change the law and if they are worried about losing control in the future change it back before they lose power thereby robbing a new incoming political party the ability to use the same power. I believe that's what our founders wanted and why they gave so much power to congress or the legislative bodies (fed and states). This way the institutions closest to the people could sieze control of an out of control government or a president who wanted to declare himself emperor.
That's way too loose. The whole point of most powers of most branches
is that they come from the Constitution, and there ain't nobody getting the states
to amend that for an advantage that only lasts 2-4-6 years before the pendulum swings back.

The true purpose of the FFL redefinition is beginning to be reported, now that it's been approved.
The measure expands the use of background checks by rewriting the definition of the federally licensed gun dealers required to conduct them.
The snake in the grass is hissing

I try to look at the bright side. I wish the ATF would make me get an FFL… And maybe I can get a suppressor and people leave me the f*** alone

I can’t get past the lack of due process, something that will be exploited by the left at every opportunity. Speak out at a school board meeting, belong to the NRA/GOAL or wear a LGB/FJB - you’re getting a knock on the door.

Wanted to know how the GOP were going to screw themselves? Now you know.

I can’t get past the lack of due process, something that will be exploited by the left at every opportunity. Speak out at a school board meeting, belong to the NRA/GOAL or wear a LGB/FJB - you’re getting a knock on the door.
Lack of due process in what? Massachusetts residents are unaffected by this newly signed federal law, as you already have ERPOs hanging over your head.

Lack of due process in what? Massachusetts residents are unaffected by this newly signed federal law, as you already have ERPOs hanging over your head.

Yeah but not everyone here lives in MA, and a lot of people are planning on getting the f*** out.

If Feds make this stuff a Lautenberg 2.0 that means that even the non shit states have to abide by it, unless there is some delimiter where it says "Well, if state X doesnt have red flag then none of this matters" and only red flag states have to share spit with each other" etc.

This is why the shit is deadly- for example with Lautenberg we had a guy here who lived in NH and his ex wife lived in MA near some BDC. Ex filed a 209A on him. Even though he is not in MA with his guns at all, that confiscation order still goes to an NH PD and his shit still got taken, minus the potential for MA bonded warehouse bullshit etc.

Same thing potentially here, if the feds force that issue. If they make ERPO = you are a prohibited person then its orbital and basically the same problem as Lautenberg. Except its worse because in many cases, you can do an ERPO on pretty much anyone.

Worse yet ERPOs dont have a great standard in place its the same low grade show trial, fake due process "quicky hearing from a judge paged in the middle of the night" shit one as a DV RO more than likely.

IMHO things like ERPOs or even DV ROs should only be handed down by a 12 man jury "hearing" kind of a system vs some judge making the call (who is always going to rubber stamp the shit) etc. If DV ROs and ERPOs were forced to operate with that level of due process, abuse would be lower because I am betting a jury being more likely to smell bullshit vs one judge just rubber stamping it to protect his ass.

Interesting article popped up about Ezra Miller.

I am not going to defend this clown (or really care...he is a Hollywood weirdo), it seems he has a host of "issues", but this gives a good clue to our future in regards to red flag and gun confiscation and how it will go down.

Rolling Stone reports that Miller's farm has unsafe living conditions for children with sources "alleging there are weapons lying around and that a one-year-old put a loose bullet in her mouth."

The sources include the father of the children and two others who know of the situation but want to remain anonymous. According to People the children on the compound range in age from 1 to 5 years old. The father said, "I got a bad feeling in my stomach" about the kids being in proximity to Miller.

Miller has been on the run from law enforcement after having been served two orders of protection. The first order of protection was served in North Dakota over Miller's alleged grooming of a then 12-year-old child, Tokata Iron Eyes, who is now 18. The second order came down from a court in Greenfield, Massachusetts over the actor's actions regarding a 12-year-old child and her family. Both cases were similar; Miller is a biological male who identifies as transgender non-binary and targeted young girls using the language of gender ideology.

The anonymous sources claim that Miller's Vermont compound is an unlicensed marijuana farm and that the actor is exposing the children to copious drug use. Previously the parents of Tokata Iron Eyes, the 18 year old whose parent allege Miller preyed upon at the age of 12, said Miller used LSD to groom their child. Guns are another consistent part of Miller's modus operandi as the Massachusetts parents said when Miller was at their house the actor "opened up one side of their jacket" and "you could see a gun."

The .gov wants any method to separate you from your firearms without due process...good luck getting them back after.

Ezra Miller

Back
Top Bottom