• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sen. Feinstein introduces bill to raise rifle purchasing age to 21

That is what the bill is going to be portrayed as, then with the same name only with "....and for other purposes." tacked on it will include a whole pile of other stuff.

I have no problem with background checks - the kind that this guy passed - the kind that the locals could or should have reported to or that the FBI should have added to with their reports. I do have a problem that every time this comes up, they want to include a registry - never a good idea.

It’ time to mock the crap out of these clowns ,who pile out of the clown car every single time they try to exploit a crisis.

Que the circus music.

The answer is not remove the 2A.

This is bullshit. So many kids get their rifles at that age and don’t do a damn thing except hunt and target shoot. A win for her in this department will be her tasting blood and giving the Dems more inspiration for more bills.

They’re using the “they’re not old enough to buy a beer, but they're old enough to buy an assault rifle” line. I’d say “if they’re old enough to vote, old enough to take out a loan, and old enough to fight for this country, then they’re old enough to protect their house.”

It’s all about one-upping these idiots.

They’re using the “they’re not old enough to buy a beer, but they're old enough to buy an assault rifle” line. I’d say “if they’re old enough to vote, old enough to take out a loan, and old enough to fight for this country, then they’re old enough to protect their house.”

One better, make it how they're old enough to fight and die for their country, old enough to drive a car, old enough to vote and control the direction of this country, but they're not old enough to buy a beer or rent a car. Does that sound right to you?

how old is old enough? Should it be based on the level of maturity? I know some people who are in their mid-twenties that still behave like HS teens.

Hasn't she been 100 for like 30 years now!?! Her & Ginsburg. What gives!?!

Wikipedia says she was born in June 1933, so she's pushing 85. Have you seen her lately, though? She looks like she's had a few strokes already.

Even scarier, she's running for re-election this year. That means when her next term runs out she will be 91. I can't see her lasting that long, so expect some hard pushes for shitty gun control and other statist bullshit. She's going to want to secure her legacy.

The problem isn't that buyers are too young now. The problem is that guns have been pushed out of the youth culture of responsibility. Our youth should be trained and comfortable with rifles. This would engage the youth and adults together and build a shared trust. Then it would be easier for everyone to spot the outliers who need more attention. We need to reintroduce personal responsibility into US culture.

The problem isn't that buyers are too young now. The problem is that guns have been pushed out of the youth culture of responsibility. Our youth should be trained and comfortable with rifles. This would engage the youth and adults together and build a shared trust. Then it would be easier for everyone to spot the outliers who need more attention. We need to reintroduce personal responsibility into US culture.
I think we also have a lot of delayed adolescence these days. I don't agree with the varying ages for drinking, voting, signing up to possibly die for your country, etc., etc.

out
on your own
driving
voting
shooting
drinking
smoking
paying rent
working (or school)
start a family
see ya

Last edited:
just trying to get this straight...

plenty of rules, regulations and laws are already in place to have potentially prevented this tragedy.

Police to his house 39 times. no arrest

FBI notified twice off his plan. They ignored it.

Showed top and trespassed at the school. Only asked to leave no police called and no charges filed.

And arrest in any event may have gotten him on their coveted PP list.

All that gun control yet the .gov chose to ignore the signs and warnings.

Now we need more gun control, bands and restrictions....

Yup...liberal douche bag logic.

This is bullshit. So many kids get their rifles at that age and don’t do a damn thing except hunt and target shoot. A win for her in this department will be her tasting blood and giving the Dems more inspiration for more bills.

The thing that needs to change here is the age to buy a beer, and the age to buy a handgun. If adulthood starts at 18, everything should be at 18.

DiFi said:
"If you can't buy a handgun or a bottle of beer, you shouldn't be able to buy an AR-15," she said. "This is common sense and I hope my Republican colleagues will join me in this effort."
The thing that needs to change here is the age to buy a beer, and the age to buy a handgun. If adulthood starts at 18, everything should be at 18.
Republicans should introduce an amendment repealing highway funding provisions of the National Minimum Legal Drinking Act of 1984.

That is what the bill is going to be portrayed as, then with the same name only with "....and for other purposes." tacked on it will include a whole pile of other stuff.
Guaranteed. Such a bill could be as simple as ""In 18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1), (c)(1)... eighteen twenty-one", but terseness is not a virtue in politics.

And even that one-word change would have consequences beyond firearms sales, as the same sentence applies to both ammunition and firearms:
18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1) said:
any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age

Guns Save Lives.
This is Our mantra, Our motto, Our Birth Right.
It must be hammered home. All day, every day.
We are in the fight for Our Lives friends.
For if this falls, all else falls with it.
Three words. Say them Loud and say them Often.
Without the Protection of Force, we are slaves.
I am slave to no one...

Whittle any at the 2A. That c*** has picked at it forever. She should be tossed out on her ass. I hope one day she needs to be saved by a firearm and there isn’t one available.

She's a hypocrite. She's one of few chosen ones in San Fran who has a carry permit

edit: I stand corrected. She used to have one but states she no longer does.

I remember when young guys wanted to get laid. Not shoot up schools...

But, now you're not supposed to touch girls so,

Voter I.D. nation wide. Then we will consider maybe getting together and chatting about common sense pol control.

I have no problem with background checks - the kind that this guy passed - the kind that the locals could or should have reported to or that the FBI should have added to with their reports. I do have a problem that every time this comes up, they want to include a registry - never a good idea.

So you have no problems with background checks that do nothing other than waste money and takes a right from people you deem unworthy..?
We used to deal with the truely unworthy ones at the end of a rope... now we just let them roam free.. and tie a bunch of people up in a system that is basical for profit..little of it has to do with justice.

For example the idea we are going to be "rehabilitating" the latest shooter , When he's clearly guilty and confessed.He should be publicly executed within 12 months on live television....but unfortunately a large portion of our population has no stomache for the real world and would perfer to shelter in place, then cry about hows its trumps fault, the NRAs fault, not their own fault for acting like children.

Back
Top Bottom