Semi Shotguns .... worth having more than one?

DosesR1

NES Member
Recently bought a benelli m1014 after not being able to find my self an FDE beretta is it worth going for it still or are they all practically the same ?

Depends on how it rates on your list of wants. If you like it buy it. I would like to own one of everything. I don't see that ever happening. But I still try to chip away at it lol

You got the tactical semi auto covered. Maybe get a field semi auto instead for #2?

Depends. I have one for 3-gun, but probably wouldn't own one otherwise. Huge pain in the ass to clean.

The benelli is a good gun. Start shooting you'll quickly get your answer to whether you need another. I recommend you spend your extra $$ on ammo (and training, both are lots of fun.)
(For a second shotgun I did have to buy a side by side myself)

I only have one shotgun (Winchester 1300 Defender, pump action, 18.5", full length mag).

That's because my only use for a shotgun is home defense.

If you use shotguns for hunting or shooting sports, then you're going to need a whole stable full of them.

Is OP referencing the fact that both Benelli and Beretta are under the same roof (of sorts)? And possibly comparing quality or one or lack thereof? I would be happy with either one. Without knowing POU it’s hard to say.

Over/under shotguns are technically semi-automatic. For a gun that you are aiming (i.e. a tactical shotgun), feel or "pointing" is irrelevant, but for a bird gun, you should never be "aiming" in the traditional sense. Thus, for a tactical gun, the poorer weight distribution is more than offset by the extra ammo capacity. For a bird gun, where if you use more than 3 shells you're poaching, a 33% loss in magazine capacity can be more than offset by better pointing. My approach with new guns is to try and establish a role that I want to fill and then go down my list of firearms to see if something fills it. The role can be as broad or as narrow as you like, but I try to avoid completely overlapping. In the case of semi-automatic shotguns, a good over/under might give you more options than another autoloader. I would shoot one first, see if you like it, and then make a decision.

Anyway, just my opinion, YMMW.

Back
Top Bottom