• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

semi auto SAW?

I don't see the point to a 17 lb, 5.56 NATO semi-auto rifle. If I could buy one that was full auto, I'd be looking for something in 7.62 instead (249 maybe).

dunno. I just think the cool factor of pissing off Shannon Watts a little bit more....but yeah, I certainly don't have THAT kind of cash laying around.

it is definitely cool. No doubt about that. But if I was going to go over 5k for one buy I would probably look at a 50 cal...

$5000 is the rumored price. That kind of money buys a lot of fun toys.

Take away the full auto and it's really just a 20" barrel AR with a 200 round magazine. Cheaper to buy three D60 mags.

Bringing this back to life..

Got a survey from FN America about the M249S.

Told them I'd consider buying at the $3k mark (through questions throughout the survey).

If anyone else got it, start filling it out - it's the only way they'll know how much people will spend on it.

Then it'd be junk. The cost for an FA one is like 6k.

Is that the production cost or the .MIL cost?

6K? oof. too rich for my blood.

That was also one of the various questions - at what price would you question the quality (I think I said like 2K).
The other was how much do you think the FA variant would cost more than the Semi. I read it literally at "cost more", not the total cost of the FA model. So I just said $500 more, guess I could've said $1K. I figured that majority of the components were similar.

I am left eye dominant and when I used to shoot these standing from the shoulder it would fling brass into my right forearm and after a couple bursts I would bruise like a peach. When ever I see a 249 I am always reminded of that

Back
Top Bottom