Semi auto obrez

Ok, what is that again?
Half AK and then I see an exposed barrel like suppressor almost. That moving thing at the top near the gas block?

So many questions.

Ok, what is that again?
Half AK and then I see an exposed barrel like suppressor almost. That moving thing at the top near the gas block?

So many questions.

It started life as a muntant psl made from random parts . Basically was a 16” 54r ak.
Barrel was messed up so I️ pulled it out and tossed in a barrel stub from a parts kit that’s roughly 6 inches long .
Gas block combo sight is a polish .
Custom piston since it’s shorter then a krink. I then welded a a 1/2 tube with holes drilled down the side to hit 16” barrel length .

Ok, what is that again?

So many questions.
The moving part on top is the gas piston . All ak’s have them . I️ just haven’t made the gas tube cover yet .

Any more questions ask away

The moving part on top is the gas piston . All ak’s have them . I️ just haven’t made the gas tube cover yet .

Any more questions ask away

Yes, where can I get a cover like that for my earmuffs band? [smile]

Fun idea for salvaging a build with a trashed barrel. Might be fun to do that with a junk 91/30, except I'd want to machine the gas ports to direct the blast rearward to make sure I have lots of elbow room at the next NES shoot. [devil2]

lol, this is awesome! You should put an arm brace and cut that barel off, but that holy section is just awesome, weird awesome, and gold paint! ; ) Did comrade mustache got his beard burnt?

Motherland is proud!

lol, this is awesome! You should put an arm brace and cut that barel off, but that holy section is just awesome, weird awesome, and gold paint! ; ) Did comrade mustache got his beard burnt?

Motherland is proud!
I️ thought about it. But I’m debating building it as a 16” barrel again .

I️ just picked up another psl bolt for the spare carrier I️ had . And I️ have a rpk trunion made the year I️ was born . I’m leaning towards a bull barrel bullpup 20” or some thing along those lines but Idk lol .

This almost makes up for the no updates in the .50 thread... almost
Truth be told i got dumped, then later that week messed up the bolt face trying to stay busy and kinda didn’t want to deal remaking the bolt or trying to fix it at that time . Figured 50 bmg is some thing I️ need to be in the right place mentally to work on .
This was like a 1 hour project to get firing .

Read your other post too, sorry for your bad luck lately. Hope stuff gets better for you. A .50 is definitely not something to be slapping together. Most of us are here because it’s the last bastion of A-holes and I have no problem admitting it’s the thing I excel the most at.

On a more serious note I do look forward to you hopefully finishing it. That’s something that is a little above my skill set right now... I am actually looking for a decent lathe right now. Seen a couple but the good ones always go quick.

Read your other post too, sorry for your bad luck lately. Hope stuff gets better for you. A .50 is definitely not something to be slapping together. Most of us are here because it’s the last bastion of A-holes and I have no problem admitting it’s the thing I excel the most at.

On a more serious note I do look forward to you hopefully finishing it. That’s something that is a little above my skill set right now... I am actually looking for a decent lathe right now. Seen a couple but the good ones always go quick.
If your near lowell check out lowell makes I️ run the machine shop there and we have a cnc mill and getting a bigger lathe soon maybe a cnc lathe . I️ offer classes etc .
I️ was able to turn my 50bmg on the lathe we got .

Best part is it’s 40~$ a month and you pay for a month when you want no contract . I️ run a side biz from there . Nice only having a small fee for over head lol .

Back
Top Bottom