Sellout Woot deals on Mountain House, Lifestraw, Sawyer, etc.

The MH Woot deal are for the big 5 serving pouches so you'd get 45 servings as opposed to the Amazon 29 servings, so for another $22.28 your getting an extra 20 entree servings(subtracting the granola and blueberries from the bucket).

+1, the Amazon bucket I got for like $48 a couple times, at $58 isn't not as good as this deal.

Had no idea MH made 2 size pouches.....good catch!

The MH Woot deal are for the big 5 serving pouches so you'd get 45 servings as opposed to the Amazon 29 servings, so for another $22.28 your getting an extra 20 entree servings(subtracting the granola and blueberries from the bucket).

Just ordered the MH deal. The meat meals are important to be able to combine with some of the more veggie meals offered by other packages. Good balance of carbs and protein. I don't have much use for Apple Crisps or other desserts. I'm good now for about 6 months for my wife and me. We used to keep a pantry stocked with other canned goods but their shelf life is not good at all except for some specialty items designed for the purpose (like Red Feather butter! MMMMmmmmm and also canned Bacon......) We’ve been donating all of our off-the-shelf items to the local food pantry still within age limits, too.

One other thing we did was to vacuum store a few bags of standard flour and sugar. The vacuum bags take enough air out to really extend the shelf life of those products and, of course, keeps the bugs out. We just opened one bag of flour to test that was 5 years old and, other than requiring the flour to be sifted, it was fine. Flour and sugar are two commodities that will be good to have stored, I think.

The Sawyer filters are miracles in a box. Oh to have had them all those years ago as a boy scout or to have been able to send them to 3rd world countries trying to get clean water. For Christmas this year, every adult in my family will be getting one. Like a magnesium fire starter, having one of those filters is a must-have.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom