• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling out of state

I did a quick search and didnt see the answer, Im sorry if this has been covered.

I want to sell a O/U shotgun to a person in another state. I have never done this. Do I have to send it from a MA FFL to an FFL in the buyers state or can I just ship it directly to the FFL in the Buyers state?

The latter - IF the dealer will accept a gun directly from the seller. Some FFL's will only deal with other FFL's. Check before shipping.

When I saw that Scrivener was the one who responded to my post my heart dropped and my A$$hole puckered. I was fully prepared to be dressed down. Opening the response I was SOOOOOOO relieved I wasn't slammed....Thanks Scrivener!

When I saw that Scrivener was the one who responded to my post my heart dropped and my A$$hole puckered. I was fully prepared to be dressed down. Opening the response I was SOOOOOOO relieved I wasn't slammed....Thanks Scrivener!

You haven't lived until you've been slammed by Scriv . . . multiple times. [wink] [laugh]

Yes you can do but. from a seller to FFL dealer in the buyer's state.
CA - NO GUNS, PERIOD. CONNECTICUT - No Semi-Auto Rifles.
HI - No Pistol Mags over 10rds
IL - No Ammo without a FFL.
MD- NO GUNS, PERIOD.
MA - No Handguns. No Hi Capacity Mags. No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.
NJ - No Hi-Cap Mags over 15rds without a FFL.
NY STATE – Long Guns only to NY STATE. No Shipping to NYC
VA State - WASHINGTON DC - No Firearms. No Hi-Cap Mags. No Ammo.
WA - No M-16 Bolts
Hope this will help you a bit.

I highly recommend that anyone reading this thread ignore the above post which was likely cut and pasted from some idiotic listing or clueless dealer.

Last edited:
Note to self: Don't feed the trolls. [troll]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom