F

firtree said:
has anyone ever sold a firearm on Gunbroker before? How did the transaction
work out? How were you paid? How did you get confirmation that you were
actually shipping to a valid FFL? Since my Benelli is not selling here, I plan
on selling it online shortly.

Thanks,
F
I've used Gunbroker to sell. I needed an 01FFL to ship it to and the buyer sent me a copy that I could verify via the BATFE FFL checker page(03's cannot be checked online). Payment was made by a USPS MO which can be verified at any Post Office before shipping.
All went well, easy and painless.

JonJ said:
I've used Gunbroker to sell. I needed an 01FFL to ship it to and the buyer sent me a copy that I could verify via the BATFE FFL checker page(03's cannot be checked online). Payment was made by a USPS MO which can be verified at any Post Office before shipping.
All went well, easy and painless.

Same here...I've sold two guns on Gunbroker. For one of them, I accepted Paypal for an additional 3% fee.

I've used Gunbroker to sell a number of firearms. It is first rate. You will get a lot more for your firearms on Gunbroker than anywhere else. Just take their suggestions. Asking price should reflect the Blue Book value of your firearm. Payment from the winning bidder, along with the copy of his/her FFL dealer's license has to be made in advance, so no worry about sending your firearm out and then not being paid. I only accept bank checks or postal money orders as payment, and a flat $25.00 shipping fee. My F&G club has an FFL and will ship it through the post office for cheap money. Even if you ship it through Fedex, which costs $50.00-$70.00, the buyer has to pay the fee in advance, along with the cost of the firearm. I did have one problem with a non-paying bidder, but I've blocked him from bidding on any more of my firearms. Gunbroker will also terminate his account for non-payment. His name, by the way, is dutchterminator.

I have also sold through the site. I have taken personal checks and waited until they clear, I have taken Postal money orders and gone to the PO to cash them, and I have taken ceritfied bank checks which you should still wait to clear.

I include shipping in my price and I will only ship FFL to FFL. My dealer charges me actual shipping UPS which usually runs $45.00

Back
Top Bottom