selling off C&R rifles & pistols

I'm also thinking of selling a lot of my stuff, but i'll need a lot of help taking inventory, and it will take more than one day [rofl]

Well....at this point I'm going to assume that the OP got a letter from Maura convincing him not to do business in MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep waiting guys...

7hR04Ep.gif

I have 1/2 of my C&R application filled out. Completing it will prove to be either the best or worst decision of my life..

Based on this thread (and the last post), I am thinking it will be the latter. Only one way to find out for sure!

It's already getting deep on this thread. [laugh]

Think we will find out what the OP's real NES handle is?

He's real, I know him, he's a member of one of my gun clubs. However, I don't think he'll ever post up the stuff here . . . just a gut feeling based on lack of response.

What's C&R?
Curios & Relics. Basically any firearm 50 or more years old. Len has a great thread about it here.

For $30 and some paperwork you get to be an 03-FFL. You have a C&R FFL license. An "03"a.k.a. C&R means you are only licensed as a personal "collector", not a dealer or manufacturer or any of those other classes of FFL. For your personal collection you can buy C&R guns, including handguns from out of state, have them shipped right to your home, and the only .gov paperwork you have to do is the eFA10 to register them with MA.

If you read enough of the C&R thread you will see having a C&R license causes a safe-filling mental disorder.

Last edited:
Well that's seriously weak. Intentionally choosing less money and making it more difficult for other collectors... Typical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's real, I know him, he's a member of one of my gun clubs. However, I don't think he'll ever post up the stuff here . . . just a gut feeling based on lack of response.

Lack of response? Was he hoping for 200 posts and 100 just doesn't cut the mustard? Or are you kidding around?

If he has anything decent, for the $20 of membership he could potentially sell everything he has or at least put a big dent in the sales. Take a look at Bungroker and see what stuff actually sold for, consider the commission savings vs. online auctions, and price accordingly. Easy-peasy, local cash transactions with rated buyers (if he wants goose rules) on EFA10's or at a local FFL. He should at least try posting here first simply for the low cost and convenience.

- - - Updated - - -

I was informed by him that he brought it to a gun shop.

OK, just saw that.

he should just call that Wyatt guy with daughter giraffe who grewcock. Then he saves on trip to gun shop. Guys flies chopper to his place.

Sigh,

I can't imagine why any C&R holder would have trouble selling to other C&R FFLs..... I have never been offered a good deal at any gun shop even when I left "meat on the bone" so they could make a reasonable 25%-30% profit. it wasn't enough for them.

if you are a C&R you have to have the book anyway.. might as well log the transaction out and make a few more bucks

Lack of response? Was he hoping for 200 posts and 100 just doesn't cut the mustard? Or are you kidding around?

I read that as Len commenting on the OP's lack of response, not our lack of response.

I feel teased.

I was informed by him that he brought it to a gun shop.

well that is a total bummer...of course his choice to do what he wanted...but with so many of u showing interest in buying what he had to offer its quite the dejected feeling.

What do you do when you agree on a purchase with a seller, make arrangements with an FFL, then the seller totally stops communicating. Will not respond to PM's or phone calls, and is on NES everyday and posting? Negative itrader rating?

What do you do when you agree on a purchase with a seller, make arrangements with an FFL, then the seller totally stops communicating. Will not respond to PM's or phone calls, and is on NES everyday and posting? Negative itrader rating?

Yes, itrader neg rating, that is what it is there for. Just explain why when you do it.

Well that's seriously weak. Intentionally choosing less money and making it more difficult for other collectors... Typical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He doesn't owe any collector anything, nor does it matter to anyone else why he made the decision to go the gun store route instead of selling elsewhere.

OK guys got a LOT overwhelmed. a group of long guns are getting priced and cataloged and are be up for sale at B&K in Natick. I will put up list here 1st. ( about 16 long guns)
23 Washington St Natick

Thought I could do all this by myself just not enough time with work and all.

Dan Long

Last edited:
I know how that is Dan. When I inherited my father's collection I sold off a literal shit-ton of it and it was many, many hours of taking pics, finding fair market value, dealing with tire-kickers, packing for shipping, tracking buyers and payments... It's a chore. Good luck. I hope you get fair prices for your stuff.

OK guys got a LOT overwhelmed. a group of long guns are getting priced and cataloged and will be up for sale at B&K in Natick. ( BUT NOT JUST YET SO DON"T BE BUGGING BRIAN WITH PHONE CALLS) I will put up list here 1st. ( about 16 long guns)

Thought I could do all this by myself just not enough time with work and all.

Dan Long

thanks for the info Dan...best of luck...

Thanks for the update Dan.

Everyone needs to choose between convenience and cost. You made your decision. Others here may be disappointed but that is not your problem.

Good luck.

Your stuff, your life. Appreciate the update.

FTF would take four years just on the long guns. LOVE this state.

Back
Top Bottom