• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling muzzleloaders

Hey there I came across a muzzleloader with al the equipment. I figured I could learn how to shoot one and sell it for most of my money back it's a knight 50cal with everything needed. But I'm not sure how to legally sell it? Is an FFL required or just sell it to a licensed individual with a fid?

No FFL required. You don't even need a Fid unless you're selling firing components with it

To be clear, in Mass:

There is no license required, for sale or purchase of a primitive firearm, You must be over 18 to purchase.

To purchase powder, cap, and ball for a primitive firearm, you need an FID/LTC. To possess powder, cap, and ball, you do not need an FID/LTC.

If the arm takes a 209-style primer (inline) then an FID /LTC is required for posession of the primer(s).

Everything come with responsibility, it had minor rust when I got it it and got the barrel gleaming before I fired it. Thanks though.

muzzleloaders are not like smokeless powder guns, you need a bucket to clean those f***ers well even after using pyrodex. Clean the piss out of them after you shoot them, like right away or they will turn into rusty pipes overnight.

Back
Top Bottom