Selling guns. Think I'll wait to see how things pan out

Rockrivr1

NES Member
In the last several weeks I've traded two guns and sold another off as I was thinning the collection of guns I haven't shot in years. I had lined up additional guns as future trade/sale fodder and I continued that trend. Seems with this latest event in Las Vegas it's time to reconsider my line of thinking. Time to go back into hoarding/keeping mode and see how the tides go. Worst comes to worse I'd suspect that prices may go up some, which can be good if I decide to let some go later.

Anyone else not going to sell right now? Though I do see a lot of sale items in the WTS area.

Every time these things happen I buy an AR because they're going away, never shoot it, and it wastes space. I just don't find shooting AR's all that interesting but everyone in the gun world and industry tells me I need 5. I think this go around I'll just take a pass and if I miss out and want one in the future, accept that I'll just have to pay 2-3X....

In the last several weeks I've traded two guns and sold another off as I was thinning the collection of guns I haven't shot in years. I had lined up additional guns as future trade/sale fodder and I continued that trend. Seems with this latest event in Las Vegas it's time to reconsider my line of thinking. Time to go back into hoarding/keeping mode and see how the tides go. Worst comes to worse I'd suspect that prices may go up some, which can be good if I decide to let some go later.

Anyone else not going to sell right now? Though I do see a lot of sale items in the WTS area.

im trying to sell more than half my guns. they are just not very popular i guess. mostly 22s and some old shotguns

I have not been in the mood for selling. Even the stuff I've never shot or shoot very very little. I'm still sitting on 2 9mm lowers and a 556.

The current turn of events hasn't changed my mind.

I haven't bought anything EBR-like in at least 5 years. (probably longer if I go searching my FA10's) As always after these horrible events, I realize I don't have nearly as much 5.56, 7.62x39, or 7.62x51 as I should stocked up. The only time I ever got rid of an EBR was when I traded a MAK90 for a WWII Luger. [wink]

I have not been in the mood for selling. Even the stuff I've never shot or shoot very very little. I'm still sitting on 2 9mm lowers and a 556.

The current turn of events hasn't changed my mind.

Well if a different turn of events changes your mind, I would pay whatever you ask for a 9mm lower.

Just listed a K31 and a M44. Milsurps probably not affected much by this tragedy and it doesn't change my mind regarding selling them.

forgive me...CX4 Storm...i'm dickslexic.

i'm thinking about getting one at some point. they share mags with 92 series gunz too so you can get prebans...for now :/

/thread derailed...sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Just listed a K31 and a M44. Milsurps probably not affected much by this tragedy and it doesn't change my mind regarding selling them.

i still think you're going to want those back eventually :D

my k31 and m44's are in the 'never leaving my inventory' category.

January after Newtown, I brought a truckload of guns to Carl b/c I didn't shoot them anymore.

No regrets then. No regrets now. I still have ones to "get rid of." I stocked up back around Y2K. Turns out I can only shoot so many simultaneously. LV guy had 23 guns. How many did he honestly need? Four? Tops???

Been meaning to whittle down my collection, it's just a crappy time to sell these days plus Ruger has come out with some pretty neat stuff these days and that's not helping. Have no regrets on selling most of them, just a couple.

Last edited:
I should probably sell my unconverted 7.62 Saiga but....yea, no, I'm definitely not going to do that.

ARs aren't going anywhere either.

While I don't have the stockpile some have, I've been lucky/smart to obtain what I wanted but no extras. I should probably go clean everything to make sure they're all still happy, even the AKs.

Actually, I probably ought to buy some non-military rifles...hmmmmmm....

LOL, not sure if serious- If you're considering "not selling" something now suddenly because of what some ******* did at a hotel, then you probably shouldn't have thought about selling it to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you lived through Healeyfakeban and SandyHookmaster BS with the rest of us, shouldn't you know the drill by now? The game will be the same the last 48 times. If it's boring/fudd stuff, the value ain't going to change much. I wouldn't be too concerned about a run on single action revolvers or a 12 gauge O/U in your safe, or some beat up 303 enfield you have sitting around. If it's cool stuff (guns moonbats hate lots of) then why are you selling it to begin with? [laugh] One would think that since Healeyfakeban, it's not a good idea to sell that stuff at all. Hell I'm still sitting on 2 lowers, not being sold regardless of political climate unless their artificial value becomes stupidly (like thousands of dollars) high.

Then again I'm also jaundiced. I typically don't impulse buy guns any more. So that means I have less undesirable crap to sell to begin with. I'm done with gimmick/lark guns, etc.

The only thing I'm pissed at myself in all of this was not getting more ammo/materials. That stuff is probably going to see a "run" again soon and those are really annoying. Then when they're done, because sticky price, the price goes up forever seemingly.

-Mike

Never. Sell. Guns.

I have sold a bunch of guns over the years.

I really only regret selling about a half dozen of them. I had to sell them because I needed the money during hard times. The rest of the guns I sold were mostly forgettable, no regrets whatsoever.

Although your advice is sound if "buy better" to begin with. Then you usually won't want to sell anything
unless you're backed into a corner like I was back in those days...

-Mike

January after Newtown, I brought a truckload of guns to Carl b/c I didn't shoot them anymore.

No regrets then. No regrets now. I still have ones to "get rid of." I stocked up back around Y2K. Turns out I can only shoot so many simultaneously. LV guy had 23 guns. How many did he honestly need? Four? Tops???

Need for what? It's never been about need. But in answer to your question, I regularly shoot at least 7 of my rifles often, and a dozen at least a few times a year. If you count my kids' guns, the number goes to 20. If you add handguns in, more like 30

LOL, not sure if serious- If you're considering "not selling" something now suddenly because of what some ******* did at a hotel, then you probably shouldn't have thought about selling it to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you lived through Healeyfakeban and SandyHookmaster BS with the rest of us, shouldn't you know the drill by now? The game will be the same the last 48 times. If it's boring/fudd stuff, the value ain't going to change much. I wouldn't be too concerned about a run on single action revolvers or a 12 gauge O/U in your safe, or some beat up 303 enfield you have sitting around. If it's cool stuff (guns moonbats hate lots of) then why are you selling it to begin with? [laugh] One would think that since Healeyfakeban, it's not a good idea to sell that stuff at all. Hell I'm still sitting on 2 lowers, not being sold regardless of political climate unless their artificial value becomes stupidly (like thousands of dollars) high.

Then again I'm also jaundiced. I typically don't impulse buy guns any more. So that means I have less undesirable crap to sell to begin with. I'm done with gimmick/lark guns, etc.

The only thing I'm pissed at myself in all of this was not getting more ammo/materials. That stuff is probably going to see a "run" again soon and those are really annoying. Then when they're done, because sticky price, the price goes up forever seemingly.

-Mike

Ha! Not really. The guns I'm thinking of selling are some decent modern guns in common calibers. The reason I'm holding off now is that in the last runs even handguns jumped in price. Albeit not a ton, but enough to make it worth the wait to see if stupidville comes back. Not really in a rush as I was just cleaning up stuff I've had for years and never shoot.

Well if a different turn of events changes your mind, I would pay whatever you ask for a 9mm lower.

Oh yeah...

tenor.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
html5
QNcdKZ6.gifv

Every time these things happen I buy an AR because they're going away, never shoot it, and it wastes space. I just don't find shooting AR's all that interesting but everyone in the gun world and industry tells me I need 5. I think this go around I'll just take a pass and if I miss out and want one in the future, accept that I'll just have to pay 2-3X....

What you are feeling is normal, it means you are not g@y.
You just need an AK.

Serious question.

Why does everyone think they need to gain value or make themselves equal in a gun purchase? I know for a fact you don't apply that same logic to a auto purchase because it's now used. Please keep in mind we are not talking collector pieces for this conversation.

You bought it because you did for whatever reason. You have decided it's not for you. You now need that money (in whatever form) to do something else with.

Full disclosure: Yes I have stuff sitting on a shelf for various reasons but making coin was not the primary issue and they have only been there for under 10 years.

Flame on!

I did a strategic sell off last year in case HRC won. Dumped a 45, a 44mag and s 40. Replaced them all with 9mm. I only have 9, 22, 233, and 12ga in my safe.
At some point ill get a larger bore bolt in the 30 cal range.

Back
Top Bottom