Selling first gun online advice?

Because PayPal accounts can be frozen if they get any whiff that they've been used for a firearm transaction. Not just the money for that transaction: every nickel in the account.

Plus this: remember that $600 transaction bullshit that Biden is mumbling about? Expect to get a 1099 if you use any of those money apps .
Yawn. Friends and family.
There is also Venmo and Zelle. Probably other apps as well.

Mine was frozen because I was selling M1 Carbine magazine pouches on Ebay.
Probably because someone wrote about guns or because it was associated with your Ebay account.

This is a simple transaction that no one needs to know about.

But, if the OP wants to stress out about cashing a damn check and possible fraud, not my problem.

But, if the OP wants to stress out about cashing a damn check and possible fraud, not my problem.

The money order thing is 90% paranoia. For some reason they think its completely untraceable like cash and the gubment won't know about it, not realizing a federal organization issued the money order!

Pending the buyer’s FFL will accept a shipment from an individual, you can send it directly to his FFL. Include a copy of your drivers license.

If their FFL wont accept from individual, pass your FFL fees to the buyer.

If you are that worried, you can use a $1000 USPS Money order to buy yourself you own Money Order from the USPS - that way you know it's real.

Get a couple money orders in smaller amounts if they don't have much cash on hand.

Make multiple withdrawals.

USPS Money Orders are so intricate that if you buy one for $1 and use it to compare - you wont be fooled with a fake one.
That won’t set off any money laundering red flags…IRS at your house in 3,2,1…p.s. hide your dogs.

That won’t set off any money laundering red flags…IRS at your house in 3,2,1…p.s. hide your dogs.
For all they know you are cashing and then buying a MO to send to somebody for something else.

It's all you so I don't think its actually money laundering.

A fake is a fake so if you deposit it in the bank you'll be screwed just the same.

I never got burned with a MO - then again everybody is local to Mass for me.

I don't think a person can do the common Nigerian check scheme with a MO.

It's either real or it is not. So, once you deposit it - I doubt it could bounce after.

Pending the buyer’s FFL will accept a shipment from an individual, you can send it directly to his FFL. Include a copy of your drivers license.

If their FFL wont accept from individual, pass your FFL fees to the buyer.

He's selling a pistol and it will cost him nearly $100 to ship if he uses the cheapest method and discount codes. It will cost the FFL about 10 bucks via priority mail. He comes out ahead no matter what by using the FFL.

Makes sense. I missed the pistol part.

ETA, I know there are different requirements for rifle vs pistole wrt to shipping vendors.

What I was trying to highlight is that an individual CAN ship directly to an FFL. You DO NOT have to go FFL to FFL.

As mentioned, perform an analysis around your shipping cost vs your FFL fee, their shipping cost, time cost to determine best course of action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom