Selling first gun online advice?

I've got a tentative deal going on another forum someone wants to buy a gun I no longer want anymore. Other than requesting it paid for by USPS money order and having my FFL ship it to his, are there any other precautions I should take or know about?

We also haven't come to a final price on it yet, but he seems willing to pay just about any amount as these aren't made anymore.

I've got a tentative deal going on another forum someone wants to buy a gun I no longer want anymore. Other than requesting it paid for by USPS money order and having my FFL ship it to his, are there any other precautions I should take or know about?

We also haven't come to a final price on it yet, but he seems willing to pay just about any amount as these aren't made anymore.

Having your FFL ship to his takes it all out of your hands. Once you've cashed the money orders (good luck doing that at a post office if they are more than $500ish! they don't have that much on hand) just give it to your FFL and you're done.

A lot of talk of cashing a money order at the PO; They obviously won't have that much cash on hand. Use common sense it should be pretty clear if it's legit. Deposit it, wait a few days for the bank to clear it. Not a big deal.

$5 and a bag of chip.
@OP: good luck in finding an usps has more than $200 to cash out.

A lot of talk of cashing a money order at the PO; They obviously won't have that much cash on hand. Use common sense it should be pretty clear if it's legit. Deposit it, wait a few days for the bank to clear it. Not a big deal.
If you are that worried, you can use a $1000 USPS Money order to buy yourself you own Money Order from the USPS - that way you know it's real.

Get a couple money orders in smaller amounts if they don't have much cash on hand.

Make multiple withdrawals.

USPS Money Orders are so intricate that if you buy one for $1 and use it to compare - you wont be fooled with a fake one.

BIG TIME proponent of selling it here, FTF.

Shipping through an FFL is fine and happens every day, but if it's giving you agita on your first try? Just meet up with an NESer and sell it, easy-peasey.

We don't bite. And we'll help you through the process.

I'll go $11 over asking, depending on what it is you're selling...

If you don't trust the other forum,then why didn't you try selling it on this one?

Because he probably didn't want to deal with all the lowball offers and skinflints here. Unless it was something special/scarce, he probably did better. I've done better at the local gun store and gunbroker than here with common and even slightly uncommon guns.

Shipped insured and packed correctly. usps,fedex,ups will all look for a out on any claim and the first is “not packed correctly”

Because he probably didn't want to deal with all the lowball offers and skinflints here. Unless it was something special/scarce, he probably did better. I've done better at the local gun store and gunbroker than here with common and even slightly uncommon guns.
I usually start here. On NES

Nobody here is interested in Heritage revolvers of near any flavor, especially those in .32 Mag that shoot a foot high and to the right of the point of aim. The guy who wants to buy it is I guess something of a Heritage fanboy and wants it for his collection.

It is one of the tightest revolvers I own, absolutely no play at all in the cylinder when it's cocked.

Nobody here is interested in Heritage revolvers of near any flavor, especially those in .32 Mag that shoot a foot high and to the right of the point of aim. The guy who wants to buy it is I guess something of a Heritage fanboy and wants it for his collection.

It is one of the tightest revolvers I own, absolutely no play at all in the cylinder when it's cocked.
DAMMIT! I have been looking for one of those FOREVER! Its the last piece I needed for my collection after I scored that Flobert Parlor Rifle!

You are all a bunch of f*cking boomers.

OP, have the money transferred to you via Zelle or PayPal or Venmo.

If he won't do it, then f*ck him.
If you can't accept it, then WTF is wrong with you?

WTF ... why do you people aggravate yourselves with bullsh*t checks and the stress of trying to cash it and figuring out if it is a scam is beyond me.

Or he wasn't green. [kiss]

Having your FFL ship to his takes it all out of your hands. Once you've cashed the money orders (good luck doing that at a post office if they are more than $500ish! they don't have that much on hand) just give it to your FFL and you're done.
Took me 2 months to cash a $350 money order, kept telling me to come back at end of shift to see if she had enough cash, which is BS, wife worked counter in Ashburnham for a while, she said they always have cash in the office lock box, they just being lazy!:)

You are all a bunch of f*cking boomers.

OP, have the money transferred to you via Zelle or PayPal or Venmo.

If he won't do it, then f*ck him.
If you can't accept it, then WTF is wrong with you?

WTF ... why do you people aggravate yourselves with bullsh*t checks and the stress of trying to cash it and figuring out if it is a scam is beyond me.
Because PayPal accounts can be frozen if they get any whiff that they've been used for a firearm transaction. Not just the money for that transaction: every nickel in the account.

Plus this: remember that $600 transaction bullshit that Biden is mumbling about? Expect to get a 1099 if you use any of those money apps .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom