Selling firearms out of state - seeking clarification

Hoping to get the answer to something I can't figure out despite searching.

I know about the 4/year limitation on FTF transfers and that any additional sales in the calendar year must be through an FFL.

But..

Assuming I sold a firearm to an out-of-state person, and I were to ship to the buyer's FFL (assuming they accept from an individual), is that okay? Does it have to be from a Mass FFL -> Other State FFL to not run afoul of the 4/year limitation. Or, since I am still transferring to an FFL, is that okay even if that FFL is not located in MA?

Thanks.

If you are doing outbounds through an FFL in another state, none of those count. Only FTF sales on an FA-10 count against your limit, and with nonresidents you're obviously using the FFL route unless you like breaking federal law.

Whether the shipment goes direct to the remote or from your FFL to the remote, is irrelevant legally.

-Mike

...and with nonresidents you're obviously using the FFL route unless you like breaking federal law.

Whether the shipment goes direct to the remote or from your FFL to the remote, is irrelevant legally.

-Mike

Thanks, I thought so, but wanted to make sure (CYA). And no, I don't like breaking fed laws [wink]

Back
Top Bottom