• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling collection

i'd be interested in a model or two that shall remain un named so as to not create a stir (and keep my cards where only I can see them...lol)

I called dibs on a couple, if they have them, last week !!!!!!!

Actually the more we talk the higher the price goes, soooo, they are all probably junk so really not worth all that much...... [devil]

Morning all,

I swear there was a thread not too long ago in here about someone looking to sell off a good number of guns and there was good advice offered but I can't seem to find it through the search function.

Anyways I've come to the conclusion that I need to thin the herd rather severely to fund some other purchases I need to make in life. They are all milsurps and first pass looking at my spreadsheet there are 20 of them at-least that I want to unload, does anyone have any experience selling a large collection. I would think that gunbroker or through a site like NES here may yield the best return, are there any gun shops locally in MA that come out and take a look at a large collection to buy in bulk and offer a decent price?
Any Colts?

Well boys, was just combing over my milsurp and C&R collection, gee and thought I might share it here. If I do happen to sell it I will post up in the classifieds with terms and the pricing.

1. Arisaka, Type 99, 1940

2. German, Mauser, BNZ K98, 1941

3. German, Walther, K43, 1944

4. Lee Enfield, No1Mk3 Lithgow, 1945

5. Russian SKS, Tula, 1952

6. Swiss, K31Waffenfabrik Bern, 1957

7. Mosin Nagant, Tula Hex, 1935

8. Swedish, Mauser M96, 1905

9. Swedish, Mauser M41 Sniper, 1900

10. Eddystone, M1917, 1918

11. Ljungman, M24B, 1943

12. Tokarev, SVT-40 Ishevsk/Finnish Capture, 1941

13. French, Lebel, Model 1886, 1922

14. French, MAS 49, 1949

15. French, MAS 49/56, 1958-60

16. French, MAS 36, 1950-51

17. French, Lebel-Berthier, MLE 1907 Carbine

18. Santa Fe Arms, British Jungle Carbine, 1950-60

19. FN, Egyptian FN-49

20. Springfield, Model 1898 Krag, 1899

21. Spanish, FR-8

22. Remington, Rolling Block, 1909

23. Remington, 1903A3, 1944

24. Springfield, M1863

25. Czech, VZ52

26. BSA, Martini Henry, 1889

27. HRA, M1 Garand, 1953

PISTOLS

28. Steyr, Model 1912, 1913

29. Dreyes, Model 1907, 1907

30. Nagant, Model 1895, 1944

31. Colt, Model 1903, 1917

32. Colt, Model 1917, 1918

33. Smith & Wesson, Victory M&P

34. Enfield, No2Mk 1, 1942

35. Pietta, 1851 Colt Sherif BP/Percussion

36. Pietta, 1851 Navy BP/Percussion

37. Uberti, 1851 Remington BP/Percussion

Nooooooo, he's selling the K43....

Let the orgy begin

Oh; I've been looking for a 1917 Colt....gotta sell something first

t

I would think that gunbroker or through a site like NES here may yield the best return, are there any gun shops locally in MA that come out and take a look at a large collection to buy in bulk and offer a decent price?

You are going to get absolutely raped if you sell to a dealer in bulk. No dealer with a functioning brain is probably going to drop more than 30-50% of market value (and thats probably being too generous) on any given gun on a trade in. A bulk sale would be worse because there's probably lots of stuff they don't even want to buy.

I'd list them here on the classifieds and/or throw up some gunbroker ads for the weird stuff not likely to move
fast. The legwork you have to do will pay for itself.

-Mike

news to me...man this is one messed up family!

seriously though major...how many times in the last year has someone posted similar to the original post and then stroked us for 1, 2, 3 weeks...a month!?!?!

only to come back and tell us that they have everything listed at B&K for a hundred dollars more than any of us 'collectors' are willing to pay.

i think out of all of us here, you're probably the only one that could be considered a legit collector...all your stuff is pristine (and I truly appreciate the fact that you still shoot them!)

big thanks to this dude MAEMT for actually coming through with a list (and a damn good one at that what with production years and all)...even if I don't get any of the rifles, it's always nice to dream :)

milsurp pistols...meh...my interests kinda stop at Nazi stuff...though a nambu would be nice...

Any of these things as I post em, I am open to entertaining reasonable offers. (doing my best to price them as fair as I can based off of what I paid and recent listings on the online auctions) but at the end of the day I'd much rather see em go to people who appreciate em for who they are around here in the NES fam then ship em off to some far flung corner of the country.

Well sh*t lemme just put the firetruck in park and get on listing! lol

It looks like Buyers can't post in the WTS ads anymore so we're at the mercy of the "conversation" PM inbox.

Replied to your current Wts listing. I'll take it but needed some more details on originality.

Also if anyone has sent me a message and hasn't heard back in 24hrs or so add another reply to it, my inbox is a busy place right now and I don't want to miss anyone.

Things starting to move. Following SPF, everyone that's messaged so far has been great, thanks for the patience!

1) K43
2) MAS 49/56
3) Steyr 1912
4) Colt 1917

OMG! Beautiful collection. You are killing me though as no $$ liquid right now ...

Back
Top Bottom