• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

selling ar parts to CT resident

Is it legal to ship all parts of an AR person to person or would this also have to go through FFL? Buyer in CT wants everything but the stripped lower!!!!!

CAN I LEGALY SEND PARTS TO HIM? (barrel , trigger group, stock ect.)

I live in MA he lives in CT.

thanks

j886

If I understand you. I would not be breaking any laws shipping ar parts (upper rec, fire control group,stock) to CT resident???? So long as I did not sent him the lower rec!!!!!! And could this also be done face to face?????

thanks

j886

If I understand you. I would not be breaking any laws shipping ar parts (upper rec, fire control group,stock) to CT resident???? So long as I did not sent him the lower rec!!!!!! And could this also be done face to face?????

thanks

j886

Yea; I get AR parts in the mail at least once a week.... I don't see how shipping would be any different than FTF.

I would be a little careful with an upper that is not CT legal as well. In CT they cannot have bayonet lugs or flash hiders that are not permanently fixed (welded/pinned). I am not sure you would be liable, but if the buyer gets caught with it, they may try to find where he purchased it.... Of course if he has a pre-ban lower then all that is moot.

If he has a preban lower. Agreed.

Also, if he does not have any lowers he's clean.
But again, its not your responsibility to ensure his compliance with nuances in CT laws.

Shipping anything but the lower is completely unregulated.
Completely. i.e. you can ship via usps. You do not have to declare anything to anyone.

Don

Back
Top Bottom