Selling ammo in MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
565DB5B0-B3AD-46F0-BA97-63D9BDABFD82.png
B267D19A-CFBB-48D7-AF78-3AE1545C4BAE.png
AC373BF1-3220-4C0E-89D1-5D1EA352162F.png

Sorry, copy/pasting the text would not work. As some said in the comments, give them the ammo but sell them the box.

GOAL is correct but good lord I can’t imagine anyone has ever been prosecuted for it. With so many people selling ammo they’ll (cops etc) be busy...

GOAL is correct but good lord I can’t imagine anyone has ever been prosecuted for it. With so many people selling ammo they’ll (cops etc) be busy...
You don't understand the point of this. Like comrade Stalin said "everyone should have a personal file"...

Strictly speaking you need an ammo sales license but I've never heard of a flipper getting bagged for it.... probably because even in Mass the court optics of prosecuting one LTC holder selling occasionally to another one don't really look that good....

What if you weren't "selling" it.
Perhaps you just bought it in advance for the other guy and he's just paying you back.
;)

Lol far more believable is one that knows but simply doesnt give a shit because they think its a stupid f***ing law.
Doubt it. Cops aren't lawyers; Their job isn't to know the intricacies of ammo transfer laws. They just have to crack some skulls then enjoy immunity when they're wrong.

I remember asking Glidden about this many years ago. He made a funny face and asked why I was even asking about it. That section of law is for dealers, not someone randomly disposing of some surplus ammo. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Makes sense. The State has to clear a pretty high hurdle if it wants to ban private citizens from selling their personal property to other citizens.

I never sell ammo,I give it for free. Many times people overpay me for the coffee I bring though

That's just like that college kid who got hit with issues for selling sandwiches on campus without a food/health license. Changed it up to "oh, I'm just selling napkins and giving away sandwiches" to skirt the law and put a giant "FU" to the man. Priceless.

That's just like that college kid who got hit with issues for selling sandwiches on campus without a food/health license. Changed it up to "oh, I'm just selling napkins and giving away sandwiches" to skirt the law and put a giant "FU" to the man. Priceless.
That’s a great move!

I have purchased ammo off of law enforcement. I don't think any of them are aware of this law. Lol
Likewise lol along with plenty of other items that are questionable on legality, but there's also lots of cops that are closeted 2nd amendment supporters/gun nerds and don't give a shit about the gun laws, just because a cop sells something to you doesn't make it legal though.

No one is selling ammo, they are charging for the box and the delivery fee.

I know of a MD who plays that game - "I am not balance billing for my surgery, but I will not do the surgery without a patient paid consult with me for $1500 which is not covered by Medicare, and I caution the patients not to submit a claim or attempt to get Medicare reimbursement for that charge. Your actual surgery will be at the Medicare rate."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom