Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115 grain good lord this stuff is hot :)

I grabbed a box fo this at FS last week just to give it a try.
Shot in doors at Massapoag yesterday, did a comparison with the S&B,
Federal Premium aluminum (Wallyworld special) and Blaser Brass 'Brass" 115
the shells ejecting from the S&B were bouncing off of the ceiling with some serious force.
It cycled well and you could see it shredding through the Paper targets I was using. LOL!
It grouped well and was accurate (I was using my M&P 9C) if I could find some in 124 gr at a good price I'd snatch some of it up.
Also tested some Lawman 230 gr .45 acp with my XDM 3.8C.
good stuff, no problems and was right on target....now if FS would come down on the price I'd grab a couple of cases :)

Last edited:
I think we're in an era post panic where foreign companies who are better able to meet US demand are actually producing a better ammunition product than domestic companies...

The S&B seems hotter and more consistent than some of the others on the market.

Last edited:
yes it is loaded hot. over 400 ft/lbs. it should be considered more of a +P but not labelled as such. that being said i have shot a bunch of it and never had a single issue.

S&B is dirty as **** but has always been reasonably hot ammo.

-Mike

Funny I have used s and b 357 magnum 158 grain and found it "lighter" hitting than mag tech, american eagle, or even federal.

grabbed a couple of boxes of their 230 gr .45 this week. Seemed to be pretty accurate out to 30 feet or so and then started to dip further out? compared to the lawman .45 and the Aquila .45 I a/b'd it against the Lawman seemed to be the most accurate out at 50 feet, with the Aguila a close 2nd.

Funny I have used s and b 357 magnum 158 grain and found it "lighter" hitting than mag tech, american eagle, or even federal.

Was just going to type the same thing. S and b 357 seems lighter than alot of factory American stuff. My favorite 357 mag is Remington 125 grain JSP. Damn that stuff will set your hair on fire! Magtech is also very hot.

Back
Top Bottom