Sellers Remorse, Guns you NEVER should have sold

I've been aquiring some Glocks lately, and thought I'd give some safe queens some excercise to determine whether or not they need a new home. One gun in particular, a Smith and Wesson 1066 10mm that I purchased new in 94, was going to be posted or traded to help fund my recent purchases. I'm soooooo glad that I fired it again. It would have been a major foo-pah if I had sold it. This brought to mind my Glock 35 that I sold last year; still gives me a deep sellers remorseful feeling.

sellers remorse

yes just like every one I have sold in the past...so I just go out and buy 2 more to replace them,only BETTER ONES....

Last edited:
If you don't mind my asking...

Cross-X said:
I regret selling a chrome Remington Nylon 66, trading it for what turned out to be a POS Marlin lever action rifle. Blech!

Which model Marlin ? I had been thinking of a Marlin 39 for squirrles & plinking. [thinking]

Only gun I regret selling is my Model 19 - my first gun and I thought I wasn't going to want to shoot revolvers any more. [rolleyes] At least it's in a good home - my best friend's.

Guns I don't regret: Colt Officer's Model .380, Colt .357, AMT Hardballer, Ruger Mk 1 Standard (replaced it with a target model Mk 1).

I traded away a Winchester pre-64 88 in .308 for a 28-ga Ruger Red Label new-in-the-box. It's a nice shotgun, and I think I did well on the trade, but I wish I still had that 88.

BillO said:
I've been aquiring some Glocks lately, and thought I'd give some safe queens some excercise to determine whether or not they need a new home. One gun in particular, a Smith and Wesson 1066 10mm that I purchased new in 94, was going to be posted or traded to help fund my recent purchases. I'm soooooo glad that I fired it again. It would have been a major foo-pah if I had sold it. This brought to mind my Glock 35 that I sold last year; still gives me a deep sellers remorseful feeling.

you need to sell the Glocks and buy lotsa Smiths [smile]

There was another thread on this some time ago, IIRC.

My one regret was my Colt 1911 Mk IV Series 70 bought new and only fired ~300 rds, sat in the gun safe for ~22 years and sold it to Dave Daniels (a MAF'r) some 4-5 years ago.

My only regret is selling my Saiga carbine in 7.62x39. I sold it with a Dragunov style Russian scope because I intended on buying a Romak3 with scope. I did eventually get the Romak3, but wish I would have kept the Saiga now that they're hard to find. Worst thing is that the guy I sold it to traded both the rifle and scope it in for about $250 credit at a gun shop. After I found out I told him I woulda bought it back from him for that price.

Hey Len, I think I know Dave Daniels from Danvers F&G. He's a really good guy. I regret selling the Glock 20 and Sig220 I sold about 14 years ago right after getting married.

Chris

ChristosX said:
Hey Len, I think I know Dave Daniels from Danvers F&G. He's a really good guy. I regret selling the Glock 20 and Sig220 I sold about 14 years ago right after getting married.

Chris

Chris,

Yes, that's him. Dave is a real nice guy and if I had to be stupid and sell the gun, at least it went to a good home!

See if you can convince him to join us here on the forum?

Len

I traded a SS Para P-15.40 for two Ruger Blackhawks. I miss that gun, and have thought about buying it back. It was a fun shooter, and it's a great gun in .40.

That, and I traded a Walther PPK/S. I miss that one as well. That was a fun gun to shoot, and I wish that I still had it...

And, my Para P-12 LDA. I love that thing. But, I wanted a Para Tac-Four in that Spec Ops Green. So, I'm working on that right now... but I miss that P-12.... I just keep thinking, that the P-12 and the Tac-Four is pretty much the same gun, just that the Tac-Four is a P-13. So I'm OK with it. It's just that that P-12 was my first Para I ever bought. That's why that one sucks...

That P-15 was my second Para I bought...

Other than those...well, those are the only guns that I've had that I got rid of..

Well, I bought 4 Walther PP .32s from AIM a long time ago. I would take them to Gun shows to trade for things that I really wanted. I got several rifles that way.

I had an S+W Model 617 4" 22LR revolver. It had a few minor blemishes
on the cylinder but otherwise it was a pretty cool plinker.. the damn thing
was the size of a 686. I would have liked to keep it around as tool
to introduce newbies to shooting. I still have a 22LR, but it is a
semi... I think for newbs a wheelgun is probably a bit simpler. The only
thing I didnt like about it was cleaning the (10!) charge holes. But the
gun ran fine even when filthy.

I did use the trade up money to buy a Kimber Custom Target .45 ACP
though... which is by far my favorite handgun, hands down.

-Mike

Winchester falling block, 28" octagonal barrel, 32 short rimfire
Marlin 39, an old one, octagonal barrel, take down
Winchester model 94, saddle ring, made around 1919.

Back
Top Bottom