Sell me on the 43x

I like it a lot. Grip is very good, size is easy to conceal, great ergos. I like it overall much more than the G26 as I like the grip a lot better (medium hands). The Sig P365 is also a great gun, and a bit smaller yet. I do not like the grip on the G43 all that much.

Just got mine. Great size for carry. The grip is very comfortable, and the gun is accurate. Would highly recommend.

One could spend no less than 3 consecutive days reading forum threads on the 43X/48. OP if you’re in eastern MA and want to purchase one I could part with mine.

if you like Glock and their grip angle they are good.

think of a 43X as a thin G19, personally I like the grip size of the 43X vs G26

it is easy to carry, to the point my G26 is now a safe queen

now the caveat, I got mine for $375 dollars, if you have to pay stupid money for one (over msrp) then the Sig P365 is worth looking at

It's a Glock!

If you don't need "hi-cap" mags and want something thinner than a G19 - it's great.

I have a Cross Breed Holster that conceals well.

The internals are not exactly like a G19 but the basic function is the same.

I'd buy a G19 first though. If there is one gun you need it's a G19 - at least 50% higher capacity is good.

If you never held a Glock before, make sure it feels good with the grip angle.
About 3% of people can't deal with the grip angle of Glocks.
Other than that, they'd be perfect for everyone.

I put my G43 slide on my G48 frame so that I could call it a 43X for the Glock match in Charlestown three weeks ago.

I like it for a carry gun. Short slide length, 10 round capacity with factory mag. I found the 48 to be a very accurate gun, dunno if it's the new barrel or just the way the frame fits my hand. The trigger body is different, it's narrower - I was surprised to see that. It's not exchangable with my Gen-4 G43.

It's a Glock. If you're familiar with them, it's just another variant - same controls, etc.

Shooters with larger hands prefer the 43X over the SIG 365, because the grip is a little larger in circumference and front-to-back length. Glock reliability and easy upgrades to the trigger if you need lighter/smoother.

Wannabuya43x???

did that work? ;)

I've got a 48. I like it. I'm not sure I'd carry it much, but I like it. The same gripframe and a smaller slide doesn't do tons for me so I never considered the X. But if I was trying to get a bit bigger grip, still be slim AND sit down while wearing a deep appendix carry, I'd consider the 43x. Otherwise, I just don't see it.

If I could go back before I bought a P365, I think I'd pick up the G43X instead. I was initially sold on having the smallest 10rd subcompact I could get, being the P365, but now realize that I would have been fine concealing the G43X and would have appreciated the longer grip. There's also the fact that free state people can look into getting 15rd mags for the G43X if Shield Arms ever gets them back in stock.

Depending on your hand size, the 43x might be better than the P365 even the P365xl. I have the 43x and it is easy to conceal and a shoots well. If you decide to get one, upgrade the trigger and sights.

Depending on your hand size, the 43x might be better than the P365 even the P365xl. I have the 43x and it is easy to conceal and a shoots well. If you decide to get one, upgrade the trigger and sights.
What do you recommend for a trigger upgrade?

My hands are a bit large, and the 43X is the perfect carry size - I can get a full grip, in fact it feels better than G19 for some reason, it think cause the grip is thinner but same length.

The only thing I don't like is that the mag rocks forward and back, makes me worry about reliability if in a stressful situation I go to a Jack Bauer cup and saucer grip and push the mag out of alignment. The P365 mag by comparison is rock solid once in the gun.

I just went and looked at my 43 x and my Glock 17 and there is less rock in the magazine of the 43 x then there is on the 17 and both have rounds in the chamber. The only time that I experienced a failure to load with a Glock magazine was when I was using my 33-round magazine in my glock 26. And that was because the magazine was not snug because of the long length

Meh. Can’t fit 33 round mags. Carry a 19 like a normal human being and get on with your life.

My hands are a bit large, and the 43X is the perfect carry size - I can get a full grip, in fact it feels better than G19 for some reason, it think cause the grip is thinner but same length.

The only thing I don't like is that the mag rocks forward and back, makes me worry about reliability if in a stressful situation I go to a Jack Bauer cup and saucer grip and push the mag out of alignment. The P365 mag by comparison is rock solid once in the gun.

Just go Angie Dickenson Police Woman grab-your-strong-side-wrist grip instead.

OP, the G43X is nice and compact while having a comfortable grip that’s big enough for full control of the gun. It’s not quite as concealable as something like the P365, but it’s a tad more controllable.

Bonus: if you’re in a free state, you can order Shield Arms 15 round magazines for the G43X! If I were in a free state, I’d put my G19 away and pick up a G43X or G48 for use with the S15 mags.

IMHO too large, it is pretty much the size of a G19, only a tad thinner.

The Sig365 is smaller, as is the G48

? The 48 is bigger than the G43X. It’s the long slide version of the G43X. The G43X is a good deal smaller than the G19 in terms of concealability. And I like my P365, but there’s no question that the G43X grip is slightly better to shoot when you don’t need to conceal quite as much as the P365 affords.

And that extra thinness of the G43X over the G19 is very noticeable. I love the grip on the G43X/G48 (aside from grip angle).

And that extra thinness of the G43X over the G19 is very noticeable. I love the grip on the G43X/G48 (aside from grip angle).

Maybe P80 will get on the single stack polymer clone bandwagon soon and you can get a 1911 grip angle 80% lower

Back
Top Bottom