• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sell it or keep it?

Sell it or keep it

• Sell it you can get a new one!

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Its pre-ban keep that puppy!

Votes: 44 80.0%

• Total voters
So I could use some extra cash, but I'm not so hard up that I absolutely need to sell this BUT I'm toying with the idea. I currently have a MINTY MINT pre ban Colt Sporter AR-15 and think I might sell it but I don't know if it is something I'd regret.

The only reason I dont think I'd regret it is because nice AR's are so easy to come by that it's not like I'd never get the opportunity to own one again.

What say you NESer's [wink]

Last edited:
Another thing I was thinking is it legal or a viable option to pawn it? I'm in the middle of doing a house remodel and could use some extra dough, figure maybe if I pawn it I'd just buy it back in a month or so.

Another thing I was thinking is it legal or a viable option to pawn it? I'm in the middle of doing a house remodel and could use some extra dough, figure maybe if I pawn it I'd just buy it back in a month or so.

I reckon' it is legal since the pawn-shop owner would simply need a LTC-A to "possess it". Just a guess.

If it's a pre-ban, why not just sell the upper? You'll get some extra cash and still have the important part. As time goes by, pre-ban guns price goes up. You will likely have to pay more for one down the road or settle for a crippled post ban.

If it's a matching upper to lower, and it's preban, check to see if it's a rare build. There are nuts out there who love themselves some colt collectibles. Keeping the upper and lower together might be better as far as monetary value goes.

Or sell the lower to me. [grin]

If you really dont NEED the money then dont sell it, everyone could use extra cash but not at the expense of selling something that will only go up in value and also give you the option of customizing it however you feel like and still remain a MA legal rifle. Obv. the choice is yours but id hold on to it. IMO.

If you plan on staying in this ridiculous state, I'd keep it. If you plan to move out anytime in the future, sell it and get what you need now.

Keep it until you move out of MA and sell it to someone in MA right before you move. You can buy non-neutered AR's in free states, let someone still behind the Iron Curtain enjoy a pre-ban when you leave.

ripoffartist.jpg

Well... the problem is I already have a dozen or so of these things sitting in the back of the shop. They weren't very popular back when they first came out, nor are they now due to the high failure rate and reliability issues.

It's probably going to cost me a few bills to have it restored, and even after that I'll be lucky to break even on the deal.

The best I'm willing to offer is $150.00, maybe $160.00 if you include the case.

So, shall we go sign some papers?

Last edited:
ripoffartist.jpg

Well... the problem is I already have a dozen or so of these things sitting in the back of the shop. They weren't very popular back when they first came out, nor are they now due to the high failure rate and reliability issues.

It's probably going to cost me a few bills to have it restored, and even after that I'll be lucky to break even on the deal.

The best I'm willing to offer is $150.00, maybe $160.00 if you include the case.

So, shall we go sign some papers?
[laugh2][rofl]

What's next, a poll asking "Should I have Fruity Pebbles or Corn Pops for breakfast?"?

whhhheeeeeeeellllll sooooooorrrrrryyyyyy this is a gun forum isn't it? And asking the opinions of everyone else about a gun related topic would be appropriate no? [wink]

and I'll be having corn pops thank you

here inorder to tell try this..you say you dont know if you will regret it...so find a friendf and let him temporarily keep it...if you start to miss it then dont sell it but if you forget about it sell it.

If you don't care about not being able to have all the "evil" features on your AR than by all means, sell it. If it were me I would hold on to it, or at the very least the pre band lower.

If you didn't use the term Minty Mint I would probably tell you to sell it. Sell something else!
As for the pawn shop idea; find someone here on NES who is willling to 'buy' it from you with the idea that you might want to buy it back in a month or two. I'll leave it to the legal types to figure out if that's a legally viable option.

Don't ever dump a preban AR. There are too many things you can do with it.

-Mike

I have been colecting firearms for over 50 years both for hunting and or target shooting. I have never sold a gun ,I dont know how to sell a gun.I do know how to buy a gun safe,lots of gun safes.I say dont sell it buy another firearm and shoot it alot..and buy another safe..frog

You can always buy another one. Sell it if you need the money. Just make sure you price it below $1000 or someone will accuse you of trying to rip off someone. If you price it lower than market value it will sell quickly because:
This is what happens when stuff is priced fairly (and gun owners don't try and screw their brothers).

Chris

Back
Top Bottom