Self-Defense Shooting at Waffle House in FL

There are a lot of these at/near waffle houses, for some reason. [rofl]

-Mike

There are a lot of these at/near waffle houses, for some reason. [rofl]

-Mike

Search waffle house brawl and you'll find plenty. They all seem to happen at 3am too. I think kid rock and some rappers have been involved in a few too.

Search waffle house brawl and you'll find plenty. They all seem to happen at 3am too. I think kid rock and some rappers have been involved in a few too.

It's not just Waffle House. Any restaurant that's open after the bars close has these problems. Moon Villa in Boston was famous for brawls to the point that after midnight they took all of the metal utensils off the tables and replace them with plastic forks, knives, and spoons. Not that it really helped. I responded to a call there one morning after closing time where a guy stabbed another guy with a plastic knife. Then the brawl broke out and several people were arrested and a few went to the hospital. I referred to that as The Great Moon Villa Butter Knife Massacre.

Other places that were open all night had similar problems. Victoria Diner, the chicken and waffle place across the street from there, Blue Diner, you name it. Not to mention countless fights, stabbings, and shootings outside The Roxy, Europa, Venue, and other clubs in the "Theater District". Paul Pierce was stabbed right at closing time outside of Europa.

And, ironically, every waffle house as a "no guns" sign.

I've never actually seen a Waffle House posted, even in Texas where the signage is binding. Nor in Tennessee, where the signage is also binding. Or Alabama either for that mater. I've heard that they have a no gun policy, but I've never see a sign. I've eaten in Waffle Houses in all three states and others, but never seen a sign.

That's not to say that there aren't some without signs, but I've yet to actually see any.

Back
Top Bottom