• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Self defense liability insurance. Any ideas?

Get a strong castle doctrine enacted and if you have to shoot, make it a good shoot and you won't need insurance.

I have USCCA also, it's been a while since I researched this, but if IIRC ccw safe is not insurance it's a fund by membership and they review each case to determine if it's a legitimate self defense case, so technically they could decide not to defend you. IDK how often that happens but something to consider. Also with USCCA you can choose your own lawyer. I guess none a really perfect but for relatively short money per year I think it's worth having.

I have USCCA also, it's been a while since I researched this, but if IIRC ccw safe is not insurance it's a fund by membership and they review each case to determine if it's a legitimate self defense case, so technically they could decide not to defend you. IDK how often that happens but something to consider. Also with USCCA you can choose your own lawyer. I guess none a really perfect but for relatively short money per year I think it's worth having.

Kalash the comparison was very helpful. Thanks.

The answer to the question “How solvent is your company?” is steering me toward USCCA.

I thought I would go with Self Defense Fund. Something doesn't feel right. Very generic name and not a lot of web reviews. I'll have to dig further

Last edited:
Good comparison: Virginia Citizens Defense League - Legal Plan Comparison

I'm going to sign up with Self Defense Fund, I think.
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
But I disagree about your choice. CCW Safe is the best but has one disadvantage: "
If the member must defend themselves in a so-called “Gun Free Zone” are they still covered?" ccw safe doesnt cover that while USCCA does! Or am I missing something?

I have USSCA. On the surface CCW Safe looks reasonable but the devil is in the details, just like NRA Carry guard which turns out to be pure crap once you look at what they actually offer. It’s interesting that USCCA was left out of this comparison. Unlimited criminal attorney fees seems a little unrealistic, I’d need more info (just checked their site, it’s a little vague).

Me too.

I like Andy, but be aware that he had a business relationship with USCCA, he says that he was on their advisory board.

Last edited:
I like Andy, but be aware that he had a business relationship with USCCA, he says that he was on their advisory board.

Len, there is some discussion of that in the comment section. Here is some of it:

FYI guys, THIS lawyer works for a major Carry Insurance Company 9:26. Everything that was said before 9:26 needs to be watched again with this knowledge. Start here, 9:26, then watch from the beginning.

Mike Loy
1 week ago
Yeah, you shouldn't read his book or take his seminar either...lol

Law of Self Defense
1 week ago
I do not work for ANY self-defense insurance company--I am self-employed. I've provided legal consulting services to members of several of these programs, and naturally was paid for those services by the programs--that's the reason for their existence. I also don't tell people they need insurance, I tell them that if THEY think they need insurance, these are the things they should look for. Also, all of that was fully disclosed int he interview. In any case, as in all facets of life, caveat emptor.

Hogh308
1 week ago
Law of Self Defense Good info thanks. It was disclosed 10 minutes in to the video, which was my gripe. From the comments I’m reading it seems like their is more to carry insurance than I thought.

Law of Self Defense
1 week ago
Well, it was an interview--I generally answer the questions asked of me as they're asked. And it WAS disclosed.

AlabamaPilgrim333
1 week ago
Law of Self Defense it was a great interview. I shared with a friend to share with his Church Security Team. Thanks you Sir.

Mark D
1 week ago
Come on, dude. You're making him out to be a salesman, which he totally was not. This was a great, honest interview about a subject that is very important. He wasn't selling any particular brand of insurance, and he was very honest about his affiliations. Great interview, and great info!

Don Lucero
1 week ago
He disclosed his affiliation in the beginning...

CCW safe has a huge "out" :
not illegal or prohibited by the property owner
This means they can deny coverage if you are 100% legal but there was a non-binding sign, or the owner of the property later states guns are not allowed. Now, consider a business where an incident goes down ... is the owner going to say "guns welcome" or will (s)he attempt to distance the business from contingency fee litigation by saying "we have never allowed guns in this business."

Back
Top Bottom