• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

self defense ammo

My dad got about 2500 rounds 20 or so years ago from a friend of his. I can't remember where he had gotten it from. They came loose and we boxed them in old WWB boxes. As far as not running them in my PPS, we've run them in a SIG P228 and Beretta 92FS for 20 years and no issues whatsoever.

Corbon dpx is my defensive ammo of choice for 9mm. I get it when i see it in mass or just take a trip to NH but I live pretty close so its easy for me.

Sorry, but crap JHPs are nothing more than overpriced ball ammo. If you're going to carry JHPs, you might as well bother to buy the good stuff. Fed HST and Speer GDHP are pretty reliable in terms of doing what they're actually supposed to do... as well as most of the Winchester Ranger line. (and some of this extends to the PDX, but PDX does that lame 20 round box crap).

-Mike

PDX can be found at walmart, like mike said, crappy 25 per box crap, but if you can't find any elsewhere, that's an option. On the pro side, I think it's priced reasonably compared to gun shops.

Have you checked out Dick's Sporting goods? Before I moved the one by me had a decent selection of defense ammo.

It may just be me, but none of the Dick's I've been in ever have personal defense ammo in stock. Plenty of rifle and shotgun (hunting/target) ammo, but they never have any hollow-point 9mm. All I've ever gotten there was (lousy) UMC target ammo for $15/50. Even on-sale, it's more expensive than Winchester or Federal from Wal*Mart, and those rounds cycle through my M&P better, too.

I've had good luck just asking my local shop (IDC) to simply order a few boxes of my preferred ammo for me.

PDX can be found at walmart, like mike said, crappy 25 per box crap, but if you can't find any elsewhere, that's an option. On the pro side, I think it's priced reasonably compared to gun shops.
Where in MA are these walmarts that sell ammo that I can never find?

meh, I'm closer to NH

I think every WM in NH carries ammo. Some in MA can't because their local police chief refuses to issue them a permit to sell "evil things". I doubt that there is any similar problem in NH.

Try Pelham, Salem, Hudson, Manchester . . . just to name a few off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom