• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seems suspicious...

"U.S. District Judge John A. Woodcock, Jr., sentenced Terrence Ware, Jr., 28, of Springfield, Massachusetts, to a time served sentence of 15 months imprisonment to be followed by three years of supervised release. Ware pleaded guilty on May 19, 2021."

A "time served sentence" - does this mean he’s already out on the streets now?

Maybe he took pictures of himself and posted them on social media. He wouldn't be the first to do it and get caught that way.
As a Constable before serving some kinds of papers, I used to Google the name to see what the person looked like for identification purposes and any info that might be of concern wrt my safety. One person had pictures of him with an AR-15. No issue serving him. A few months later, I read that he was arrested for multiple muggings and robberies. The news article mentioned that he had been convicted of felonies previously. So the pictures weren't a smart thing to do.

"U.S. District Judge John A. Woodcock, Jr., sentenced Terrence Ware, Jr., 28, of Springfield, Massachusetts, to a time served sentence of 15 months imprisonment to be followed by three years of supervised release. Ware pleaded guilty on May 19, 2021."

Yes time served means you are released on day of conviction or sentence.

Also means he spent well over a year in jail waiting for his trial, unless I'm missing something.

I'm going to guess "range snitch"

However, with laws and surveillance as they are, it's hard to discern if "snitch" is the most appropriate term.
Maybe it was a case of CYA?

Maybe he took pictures of himself and posted them on social media. He wouldn't be the first to do it and get caught that way.
And Ex, or Ex's family saw it and said Eff that guy. Wife's cousin recently pressed battery charges against husband, he is a mean drunk and most of us were surprised it took so long, and I can say for certain that the cousin's sisters would certainly do the same.

I spent probably 15 minutes trying to figure out what "gun" I was looking at in this article.

"Stock photo".
Definitely looks like a pot metal, piece of f**king shit gun, with some old ass ammo of unknown origin.
Follow me for more informative descriptions of random stuff. 😉

"Stock photo".
Definitely looks like a pot metal, piece of f**king shit gun, with some old ass ammo of unknown origin.
Follow me for more informative descriptions of random stuff. 😉
Yeah, I even went to the source to see if it had a more descriptive caption. I could see that it looked like a roughly-molded cylinder, which would probably blow up at 9x19mm pressure, no doubt. The gun frame looks poorly painted. The crane isn't lining up like I'd expect. Weird ratchet edges along the outside of the cylinder. Something's blocking the view through the open charge hole on the left that probably shouldn't be there. Where I left it was thinking it was toy, C02 gun, or a complete mock-up built for the shot with a couple of 9mm cartridges shoved in.

“The presence of a firearm in domestic violence situations significantly increases the risk of lethality,” said U.S. Attorney McElwee.
What does that statement have to do with being at a range in possession of a firearm? Was there a domestic violence situation at the range? Control freaks are going to control

Social media. They have brought a lot of cases in Boston based solely on images and video of people at gun ranges. The ATF then goes to the range and gets their video and records of the gun so they can prove that the item possessed was a firearm.

Social media. They have brought a lot of cases in Boston based solely on images and video of people at gun ranges. The ATF then goes to the range and gets their video and records of the gun so they can prove that the item possessed was a firearm.
Yeah, hard to push the airsoft angle when there is video of you dropping steel plates.

Though I have heard of more than one case where the image in question was an airsoft. Might keep you from going to jail in the end if you can prove it was an airsoft, or at least they can't prove that it wasn't, but still going to be a royal pain.

What it usually means is, "You've been in jail longer than your sentence should have been. But since we just now finally got around to finding you guilty, 'Time served!'"

I spent probably 15 minutes trying to figure out what "gun" I was looking at in this article.

Rimmed 9mm in a prop revolver straight from the set of "Rust".

Look at those primers. Did you ever see pistol primers that large? My bet is, it's movie prop rounds.

Rimmed 9mm in a prop revolver straight from the set of "Rust".

Look at those primers. Did you ever see pistol primers that large? My bet is, it's movie prop rounds.
I didn't even notice the size of the primers before. They look big for SPP. The guy who supplies the stock photo may not be a movie guy. It just looks like a Franken-prop to me. I don't know why "stock photos" like this exist. It's just one of the dumb things they do in media and entertainment, like just getting random sh*t totally wrong in aviation or whatever, when the story would be perfectly fine if they just did it right, and the public would also get a little education. But no.

Back
Top Bottom