Seeking Harvard sportsman sponsor

Just like the title says. I'm interested in going to the meeting tomorrow, but the members I know are not available to make the meeting.

I'm a student at UMass Lowell and would love to be able to frequent the range in my free time.

I understand and meet the requirements, so If anyone is able to help me get my foot in the door, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Dan

Try going to the IPSC practice tonight if you can, 5:30? i think, open to the public, gate should be open, introduce yourself, tell them why you are there, ask for a tour etc, someone may be able to help you out. Most fellow HSC members won't sponsor someone from a post on a message board, want to meet you etc. Bring eyes & ears also if you can make it tonight...

Perry is right, most sponsors are going to want to meet you in person and shoot with you prior to making a commitment to sponsor. Start working on your sponsorship for next month - go out to the club Mon or Wed for open practices. It is very simple many people are willing to help a new prospective member. Go to the Sunday breakfast and make a friend, ask for a tour. 8-11am this weekend.

Fair enough.

My push for this months meeting is due to the conversation I had while shooting at Harvard on 2/23, potential membership caps or increased fees. Being a student, I wanted to ensure my spot before any potential changes could take place. If it makes any difference, I am a member of the NRA and have held an unrestricted class A license in Mass for several years.

Last edited:
Hey,
I'm also interested in joining HSC but weekdays are a little tough getting out there from downtown Boston. Are there regular open events on the weekends when it's possible to meet some other members, check out the facilities, inquire about member/sponsorship, and maybe even do a little shooting? Can non-members show up to most any of the practices and events listed on the website calendar?

Thanks!
Andy

Hey,
I'm also interested in joining HSC but weekdays are a little tough getting out there from downtown Boston. Are there regular open events on the weekends when it's possible to meet some other members, check out the facilities, inquire about member/sponsorship, and maybe even do a little shooting? Can non-members show up to most any of the practices and events listed on the website calendar?

Thanks!
Andy

Breakfast is open to the public, next one is April 7th I believe, I know atleast IPSC is open to the public on Wednesday nights, not sure about the others.

I'm looking for a sponsor as well. Moving from CT to MA and Harvard seems like the club for me. Anyone mind meeting up and shooting the breeze on April 7th?

I'm looking for a sponsor as well. Moving from CT to MA and Harvard seems like the club for me. Anyone mind meeting up and shooting the breeze on April 7th?

We welcome new members, but most folks will want some time to get to know somebody and do some shooting before sponsoring. Several types of events are open to the public and are great places to see the club and meet people; Wednesday night practices, first and third Monday nights, monthly breakfasts, almost any of the competitive matches.

Back
Top Bottom