Seecamp .32 question

I tried using the search feature to see if all seecamps .32 are mass compliant but didnt find anything. So the question is are all seecamps mass o.k or are the cali edition the only ones. Thanks

I believe that a non Cali addition is ok if it was brought in to Mass legally and you do a FTF deal, but I am not as well versed as others on the forum by a long shot.

I believe all Seecamps are Legal to own in Ma. But most FFL's will only sell the new California Edition .32. Due to the AG and the fear of fines.

Bought one of these from a forum member a while back. The only difference between the CA version and the non-CA version is the addition of a small safety that is attached to the trigger. Its just a small button that slides out and interferes with the body of the gun when in the safe position.

Its pretty much a joke. It is one of those things that was obviously added to meet some BS regulations and never used in real life. IMO if you left the safety on and had to use the gun in an emergency, you might as well throw the gun at the BG because your gonna have a tough time clicking off the safety and taking a shot.

The good news is that when the safety is off you don't even know its there (by design I suspect).

Bought one of these from a forum member a while back. The only difference between the CA version and the non-CA version is the addition of a small safety that is attached to the trigger. Its just a small button that slides out and interferes with the body of the gun when in the safe position.

Its pretty much a joke. It is one of those things that was obviously added to meet some BS regulations and never used in real life. IMO if you left the safety on and had to use the gun in an emergency, you might as well throw the gun at the BG because your gonna have a tough time clicking off the safety and taking a shot.

The good news is that when the safety is off you don't even know its there (by design I suspect).

+1

MA dealers can only sell the CA edition. The regular edition is perfectly fine to own, but probably next to impossible to find in ma.

Just as a side note; If at all possible, try one of these out before you buy one. I bought one about a year ago and it absolutely hurt the hell out of my hand. I found it was just to small to control the recoil. I'm sure with enough practice, I could have overcome it, but with the cost of .32 ammo it just wasn't worth it.

To each his own though. You might love it.

MA/CA Seecamp - Can the trigger safety engage all by itself???

I paid for and will be taking delivery (in about 2 weeks) of a brand new Seecamp .32.

But I started to get a bit nervous when I read postings on other gun forums from one or two owners of these MA/CA-compliant editions who were complaining that the trigger safety was somehow spontaneously engaging while in their pockets, resulting in a fumbling struggle to un-safety the weapon upon draw. Sounded completely screwy to me, but it certainly gives one pause.

Anyone ever hear of such a thing happening?

You practically have to use a screwdriver to engage the safety. You'll see when you have it in your hands.

I never had a problem with any Seecamp I've owned.

I don't believe my safety will ever engage by itself, however, I have worried about it. Just within the last month I was trying to get a feel for how easily it could unintentionally block the trigger and it wasn't easy to move. Then again, it hasn't moved in about three years because I've never paid attention to it. I was going to look into removing it, but I haven't taken the time to get a plan together. I really don't carry it too often.

Think about this purchase long and hard before plonking down your cash for one.

This gun only works with JHP ammo. (FMJs are too long to fit in the mag)

This is the only gun I've ever seen that you can also break it (and likely will damage something) if you don't read the manual. (No, I'm not kidding- the manual of arms is insane here- this is a gun which you cannot pull the slide back without the magazine being at least partially inserted. )

The gun may jam if you don't death grip it. (at least that's the way mine worked... )

If you can accept all the compromises then buy one. In the end, I couldn't stomach keeping the thing around. If you don't, then wisely pass onto something better. These guns are small and pretty but beyond that they're nothing special. The only thing I was pleasantly surprised at was how accurate it actually was given the lack of real sights.

FWIW I never had a problem with the safety on mine. It always stayed in the "off" position.

-Mike

Last edited:
A good alternative would be the NNA .32 Guardian DAO if you can find one or live in a free state. You can get the laser slipper for it, drop it in your back pants pocket and it prints "wallet". I've carried one daily for years. Jack.

And even at that, some JHP's don't work, as in Fiocchi. You'll know what doesn't work because the cartridges won't even fit into the magazine.

I have put about 300 rounds throug mine without so much as a hiccup. As stated above, read the manual. It is even suggested that you don't fire the gun with an empty magazine (the last round).

It is not in the manual itself, but it is mentioned in the care and maintenance sheet that accompanies the gun. They are only talking about practicing, here, obviously not a defensive situation.

The gun will work just fine when firing the last round (round in the chamber, empty magazine below), but, because the gun is designed with the mag sitting very high in the frame, the front of the stripper rail on the bottom of the slide may catch on the back of the magazine's follower when the slide begins to travel forward after the round is fired and case ejected. The interference between the follower and bottom of the slide may result in the follower serving as a slide lock-back device, a role it is not intended for and which places quite a shock/strain on the follower.

A limited amount of this activity probably wouldn't hurt the magazine, but you can see that if you made a habit of firing the gun dry numerous times per range session, you might begin to beat up your mag follower quite a bit. So Seecamp recommends leaving the last round in the chamber when practicing shooting. So, after fully loading the gun with 7 rounds, fire 6, put gun down, load the mag up, fire another 6, etc.

Check out Seecamps forum if you ever have a problem Larry Seecamp is on there and he will make it right.

Very true. I had a problem with mine when I first got it and I was well taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom