Security system that can detect concealed weapons??

With this, I will not be able to opt out of the scanner for my pre-flight massage

I'm pretty sure it wont be long before we see companies begin selling small devices that detect active scanning to detect EM, Radio, XRay, microwave/mm wave etc...
Correct. Millimeter wave detection technology is here and in use today. Only thing that "SWORD" is doing is packaging the sensors and refining the software for their specific purposes. Don't be surprised to find this technology in smartphones within 5 years. [thinking]

Big deal...the technology has been around for at least a half century!

97c691b7acf75654a78d8d99ba434a01.jpg

;)

Frank

Is it practical to make a coat lined with something that blocks MM waves or reflects them back without information about what is behind the barrier?

this only really becomes effective when large numbers of people start using solutions that obfuscate the sensors/detectors to a point where the signal to noise ration is untenable
Or one person in a public place brings an action to (hopefully) establish that privacy is not justification for a stop or a search. Now, what does it take to block MM waves?

Don't they have wallets that protect your credit cards from electronic hacking?
1. RFID is different from a MM wave scan

2. I have not yet read any confirmed reports of walk-by scanners picking up RFID data off credit/debit cards in a wallet Those wallets are sold more on fear than actual risk.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it wont be long before we see companies begin selling small devices that detect active scanning to detect EM, Radio, XRay, microwave/mm wave etc.....

Pretty simple stuff to detect......any increase in levels over normal background = scanning

Its also pretty easy stuff to defeat.....but the same tech would see your attempts to obscure specific areas/places/parts of body from detectors.

So unless large numbers of people become interested in protecting their privacy and in doing so make the signal to noise ratio so painful that its not worth the effort.......
FINALLY, after all these years, it is all true!
1573385608109.png

Back
Top Bottom