Security system that can detect concealed weapons??

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Given that its not a passive detector from the propaganda we know that it must be an active detector which means its emitting some sort of energy

That would leave it open to regulation due to public health concerns as well as privacy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
SWORD Doesn't look like it's for sale to the public
UK company based in Belfast

Last edited:

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
With this, I will not be able to opt out of the scanner for my pre-flight massage

Reactions: jpk

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm pretty sure it wont be long before we see companies begin selling small devices that detect active scanning to detect EM, Radio, XRay, microwave/mm wave etc.....

Pretty simple stuff to detect......any increase in levels over normal background = scanning

Its also pretty easy stuff to defeat.....but the same tech would see your attempts to obscure specific areas/places/parts of body from detectors.

So unless large numbers of people become interested in protecting their privacy and in doing so make the signal to noise ratio so painful that its not worth the effort.......

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

EJFudd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm pretty sure it wont be long before we see companies begin selling small devices that detect active scanning to detect EM, Radio, XRay, microwave/mm wave etc...
Correct. Millimeter wave detection technology is here and in use today. Only thing that "SWORD" is doing is packaging the sensors and refining the software for their specific purposes. Don't be surprised to find this technology in smartphones within 5 years. [thinking]

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is it practical to make a coat lined with something that blocks MM waves or reflects them back without information about what is behind the barrier?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is it practical to make a coat lined with something that blocks MM waves or reflects them back without information about what is behind the barrier?
thats the kind of thing I was thinking about.....obfuscation

the obfuscation alone though will bring attention to the wearer

this only really becomes effective when large numbers of people start using solutions that obfuscate the sensors/detectors to a point where the signal to noise ration is untenable

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
this only really becomes effective when large numbers of people start using solutions that obfuscate the sensors/detectors to a point where the signal to noise ration is untenable
Or one person in a public place brings an action to (hopefully) establish that privacy is not justification for a stop or a search. Now, what does it take to block MM waves?

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Don't they have wallets that protect your credit cards from electronic hacking?
1. RFID is different from a MM wave scan

2. I have not yet read any confirmed reports of walk-by scanners picking up RFID data off credit/debit cards in a wallet Those wallets are sold more on fear than actual risk.

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm pretty sure it wont be long before we see companies begin selling small devices that detect active scanning to detect EM, Radio, XRay, microwave/mm wave etc.....

Pretty simple stuff to detect......any increase in levels over normal background = scanning

Its also pretty easy stuff to defeat.....but the same tech would see your attempts to obscure specific areas/places/parts of body from detectors.

So unless large numbers of people become interested in protecting their privacy and in doing so make the signal to noise ratio so painful that its not worth the effort.......
FINALLY, after all these years, it is all true!
1573385608109.png

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
any sort of metalized mylar will bounce those MM waves right back.

Top Bottom