SecureIt Model 52 gun cabinet/safe

Weight 105lbs tells all. This thing is made out of a thin gauge metal (I would guess 14, almost certainly no thicker than 12). Fine as long as your adversary is only using bare hands with no tools.

The fact that their on-line info omits this specification is another clue.

Key override is unlikely to be Medco, Abloy, ASSA or similar high security.

Got one and like it so far. The thing is you have to change all 6 user codes and manager code and administrator code. Have it bolted through the floor cuz there are no holes on the back wall, just the side. That's on the first model don't know much about the newer version

It's not an RSC FYI. Just replaces keeping rigger locks on everything. It's a locking cabinet.

Their whole premise is "regular gun 'safes' can be cut into quickly with basic tools and so can ours, but ours are flatpack and light"
All their articles are about decentralization and talking about traditional safes not being safe. They contend basically theirs are about as secure, practically speaking, as a safe you buy at walmart, so why deal with the weight and moving?

why deal with the weight and moving?
Wall thickness is probably the most important factor in security, and even at the low end thicker means harder to open like a can of sardines.

I just ordered an Agile 52. I had been shopping around for a while and got frustrated with what I found with Liberty, etc. The thing I like is the price and weight when compared to the crappy RSCs that seem to be so common. I'd love to have a real safe that has some capacity - but real safes that carry TR and TL ratings are freaking expensive. I figure anything short of a TL-15, and I may as well go the cheap/easy route that is SecureIt.

I just ordered an Agile 52. I had been shopping around for a while and got frustrated with what I found with Liberty, etc. The thing I like is the price and weight when compared to the crappy RSCs that seem to be so common. I'd love to have a real safe that has some capacity - but real safes that carry TR and TL ratings are freaking expensive. I figure anything short of a TL-15, and I may as well go the cheap/easy route that is SecureIt.

Where'd you get it and how much?

I have a zanotti flatpac safe. I needed it to cram it into a tight place and assemble it in place. It is very heavy duty, an has big steel wedges holding it all together. So it CAN be engineered to be tough

I do not know if this one is built as well

I have Stack-On cabinets bolted down in a room with a hardened door, hinges, frame and dual lock bolts, one with an internet alarm. Nest cameras in the room and home exterior, with entrance doors on internet alarm. The security part is knowing if and when somebody opens doors who shouldn’t and making it hard enough to open the cabinets until the cops arrive minutes after I call 911. Spend more on monitoring and less on heavy if you are not too far from LE to expect a quick response. If I’m not around my cell phone then bad on me! But there’s enough relatively cheap internet/cell alarm stuff and solar motion-sensor lights on my home to make it an undesirable target in my SoNH neighborhood.

Placed the order on the 5th, arrived to my doorstep on the 13th.

I put it together today. Seems to be reasonably well built, as advertised.

Only downside is the door is heavy enough where anchoring the cabinet in some way is required. I might play with placing an ammo can at the back to see if that will keep it level with the door open...

I have 2 of the first gen. They are good for what they are albeit a bit pricey for what they are. If someone wants to get in with tools an time they will. Serves my purpose to keep out unwanted hands and the proper storage deal. I dont have a lot of room for a large safe so this fits the bill. The new ones have upgraded doors. New keypads and thicker locking bars in the door. Second one for ammo.
IMG_0757.JPG

I still like it for what it is - keep honest people honest and keep kids out. If a burglar wanted in, they could. Security-wise it is in the same category as a Liberty or whatever. Any of those can very quickly be opened from the side with an angle grinder - the pry tests on the door they post are misleading.

I have a zanotti flatpac safe. I needed it to cram it into a tight place and assemble it in place. It is very heavy duty, an has big steel wedges holding it all together. So it CAN be engineered to be tough

I do not know if this one is built as well
Plus 1 for the Zanotti. I have their Z3 6’. I am very happy with the quality, and fairly easy to move for an 850 lb safe.

I'm thinking you'd be better off with a rigid storage chest or similar. A lot cheaper. Maybe just as secure?
RIDGID 48 in. x 24 in. Universal Storage Chest-48R-OS - The Home Depot

ridgid-jobsite-storage-48r-os-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:
The jobsite tool chests are generally 12ga or less (Home Depot is 12ga, Greenlee is 16ga, Klein is 12ga, Rigid is 16ga anbd Kobalt is 16 (with a thicker lid)). 12ga ga is at the very low end of gun safes, and I've never seen one that is 16ga. These boxes are designed to prevent casual pilfering from job sites, but are even easier to breech than most gun safes.

Back
Top Bottom