Secret EO limiting ammo production - rumor

Just the messenger hold your fire, ammo is precious...
So I had an understanding that the local Academy Sports received its trucks on Mondays and Wednesdays so I headed over there this morning to stand in line to purchase some ammo.

The manager of the store came out and told us that the truck is due in tomorrow (Thursday) and that he has no ammo today.

THEN, he said that tomorrow's truck will be the last ammo resupply for him for several weeks. He said that ammo production has been halted as of last Friday (January 8th) due to two reasons : a couple of sources stopped due to COVID, but most have stopped due to an EO that has not been made public.

Anyone here heard of this?

If CCI/Hornady/Winchester and others had been restricted/shut down dont you think that would be in public domain?

they cant do it without laying people off or paying them to just stand around.

I call bullshit.....especially because Trump is still POTUS

Its also bullshit because most if not all of these manufacturers are publicly traded companies and would have to notify shareholders of such a thing.

If CCI/Hornady/Winchester and others had been restricted/shut down dont you think that would be in public domain?

they cant do it without laying people off or paying them to just stand around.

I call bullshit.....especially because Trump is still POTUS
They would freak the f*** out if it happened.

Hornady's ceo right now is making it rain... he would be pissed off if that was a thing

Just the messenger hold your fire, ammo is precious...
So I had an understanding that the local Academy Sports received its trucks on Mondays and Wednesdays so I headed over there this morning to stand in line to purchase some ammo.

The manager of the store came out and told us that the truck is due in tomorrow (Thursday) and that he has no ammo today.

THEN, he said that tomorrow's truck will be the last ammo resupply for him for several weeks. He said that ammo production has been halted as of last Friday (January 8th) due to two reasons : a couple of sources stopped due to COVID, but most have stopped due to an EO that has not been made public.

Anyone here heard of this?

Yeah, the guy working at the Academy store has a secret back door to secret Presidential workings.

That's not how that stuff works.

There may be some legitimacy to these claims. In one of the back pages of yesterday's WSJ there's an article questioning the latest unemployment data in East Alton IL, Oxford MS, and Anoka MN. These are the sites for Winchester and Federal ammo production.

New Unemployment Claims Spike in Key Ammunition Producing Cities

Step back and think, what EO could he issue that would impact ammo production. He will issue an EO banning the importation of all ammunition and ammunition components. What happens to US ammo production in the absence of foreign sourced primers?

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

A manager at the local sporting goods store is in the loop of a "secret" Executive Order by a president that ISN'T EVEN IN OFFICE YET!

This is as good as the guy that told me that the Dems crashed the market in 08 to ensure Obama got elected. Like if I could control the stock market I needed some external event to get someone made President. LOL

Step back and think, what EO could he issue that would impact ammo production. He will issue an EO banning the importation of all ammunition and ammunition components. What happens to US ammo production in the absence of foreign sourced primers?

IMHO most of the big domestics (Vista, Winchester, Remington) make their own primers. (except for maybe Hornady?)

ETA: Unsure if Fiocchi USA does their own priming or they import primers from Italy?

Foreign ammo imports being blocked would be an even larger blow, because there are companies like S&B, Aguila, PMC, and others helping meet domestic demand
here.... if they get blocked out, thats a metric shit ton of ammo not on the market.

Of course if Biden wants to be the gun salesman of the century, he would do that.... talk about inducing panic.

Back
Top Bottom