1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

SecDef Mattis Gone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dustoff22, Dec 20, 2018.

1. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Hmmm....After the WWII. ended in Europe on May 8th, 1945, Soviets have decided to bomb selected cities in the Eastern Europe on May 9th and 10th. People were celebrating the end of the war while bombs were raining killing thousands of them. It took 70 years to discover it!

2. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Ok.

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NES Member

?

BigTimber likes this.
  4. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

This:
    In October 1947 General LeMay was selected to command the U. S. Air Forces in Europe with headquarters at Wiesbaden, Germany. He organized air operations for the famous Berlin Airlift. A year later he returned to the United States, assumed command of the newly formed Strategic Air Command, and established its headquarters at Offutt Air Force Base, Neb. This central location was to become the nerve center of a worldwide bomber-missile force.

Maybe BigTimber missed this. Berlin Airlift built new Germany and brought new lives to many Europeans. Unlike Soviets, Americans rebuilt Europe and General LeMay is a real hero. That is how we remember him! I thought we need to understand where the real evil was back then.

ISOTOX and whalerman69 like this.
  5. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NES Member

What does that have to do with bombing select eastern european cities on May 9, 1945?

BigTimber likes this.
  6. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

I’m fully aware of his Resume and I never said he was evil, dope. I stated a fact. I also said “ he was right” in what he did. Little less drunk posting perhaps.

7. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Sometimes, when we make statements like; He ordered the deaths of more civilians than any other officer in American history, we may not know the actual situation on the ground and what was going on. In case of Europe, General LeMay was instrumental in rebuilding Europe while Soviets were robbing it, bombing it for idiotic reasons, and making it more miserable in order to convert it to communism.

The end of WW2 is not fully understood here. We are under the impression that everyone was happy that the war was over and the world started rebuilding. If it would not be for heroes like General LeMay we would probably have Soviet Europe. We refuse to understand the evil of the Soviet Union which only started it's destruction of freedom loving people in 1945. The worst years, 1950's, are yet to come. Millions of people were sent to gulags where many of them died, millions were killed immediately, fake political trials resulted in death sentences, RAF pilots were arrested and sent into labor camps, only very few survived..........Soviets counted deaths of civilians in millions.........We did not!

I hope I have answered your question. If not, just ask.

FPrice likes this.
  8. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

I believe it is my duty to defend a military hero when somebody calls him the angel of death.

FPrice likes this.
  9. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Trust me. He’d like the moniker ;).

10. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Quite often, when I talk to young people today, they will ask; How many people did you kill?, when I mention I was in the military. This video game mentality is not helping us in a long run. I do share with them that our military focused on rebuilding and I use many examples; Europe, Japan, Poland, Hungary....... They usually have no clue.

Anyway. Let's move on from here. [dance]

BigTimber likes this.