Sebenza 21

not new guy

NES Member
So I’m looking at a used large Sebenza 21 and the seller posted this picture:

1579401720817.jpeg

I’m no expert but it looks like he has a backspacer/frame screw in the lanyard hole and the backspacer hole empty. When I asked him about it he said the lanyard hole was empty. I sent him a link to the CRK site and I expect he’s scrambling to pull it apart now.

He says the knife is in great shape aside from some light pocket scuffs on the titanium. The price is right given what I can see of the condition. My question for the Sebenza owners is: What could have gotten screwed up if he put a back spacer in the lanyard hole and left the spacer hole empty? Would it have fit? Could he have crushed or stripped something if he cranked it down?

Last edited:
[laugh]

It's on its way, showing up Friday. I hope it's on the inside of the box.

After watching a couple of youtube videos of people who bought Sebenzas on ebay and shipped them back to CRK for the spa treatment I pulled the trigger. We'll see what it looks like though.

The knife showed up a day early. I moved the screw/pin and spacer to the correct hole and all's well. The hex screws were just slightly boogered up and the spacer worn. The blade itself is great except for being very dull. The profile/etc are good though. The action is rock solid and the blade's centered.

It went off to CRK for the spa treatment and new screws/spacers this afternoon and if all goes to plan I should have a like new Sebenza in a few weeks for what was a decent price, even after factoring in parts and shipping.

Can't wait to get home and open up my other new knife, which is... different. Will post pics once I have it.

Here's the Sebenza 31
Not sure I like the Indigo accents...
L31-S31-1000-Web_800x.jpg

The Impinda looks nice too...

IMP_2_1800x1200.jpg

IMP_4_1800x1200.JPG

Yes. This thing is small.

1579913047399.jpeg
1579913101333.jpeg

You can actually get two fingers on it and the bottom of it sits on a third finger so the grip isn’t awful. We’ll see if it’s practical or novelty.

Last edited:
Regardless, the blade shape is intriguing and I like the ‘hammering’ on the pivot screws. Also, the size comparison is second to none.
Nice knife 👍🏻

The build quality is excellent and it handles just fine. You can put a thumb or index finger on top of the blade. I’m sure I’ll cut my finger at some point but so far so good.

The counterfeits seem to have telltale characteristics. This one didn’t have them and the seller seemed clean.

Back
Top Bottom