Seattle police gun down man who fatally stabbed police dog, injured cop

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
The cop who sent the dog in should be reprimanded. Cop 1 to Cop 2. What do you want to do? Cop 2. Send in the dog. The dog is sent in and promptly stabbed multiple times by the perp resulting in death. Not thinking that was a good move sending in the dog. Cop should have known better.

The cop who sent the dog in should be reprimanded. Cop 1 to Cop 2. What do you want to do? Cop 2. Send in the dog. The dog is sent in and promptly stabbed multiple times by the perp resulting in death. Not thinking that was a good move sending in the dog. Cop should have known better.

Doesn't any police department still use 12 gauge bean bag rounds? Anything would have been better than sending this dog to his death.

They straight should not have police dogs.

Drug dogs are fake or at minimum abused to fake probable cause

And we have enough cases of them just sending the dog to attack and often it is unjust.

Just end the programs outside of search and rescue

Is 3:08
I am going to send the dog OR he's going to get Fing shot then
or
I am going to send the dog AND he's going to get Fing shot then

Last edited:
There has been many debates in mAss about ending K9 for police. Because law suits.
He should not have sent the dog. I hope the the dog got few bites

Last edited:

And we have enough cases of them just sending the dog to attack and often it is unjust.

Is 3:08
I am going to send the dog OR he's going to get Fing shot then
or
I am going to send the dog AND he's going to get Fing shot then

They're not even good at search and rescue because the vast majority of them have to remain on lead.

They do not have the disposition to be doing long ranging, off lead search and rescue work. They are patrol dogs, trained to take down criminal suspects, not find a missing 5 yo or an 85 yo Alsheimer's patient.

I would not want a police K9 looking for my child or grandmother.

That dog was latching onto his private parts, and the guy has a knife, if you where him , what would you do? Bad course of events. How about try to contain the situation with the dog on the leash and approach...? The guy is in a towel, not going to end well. ?? What happened that started all this? The guy is walking away.

That dog was latching onto his private parts, and the guy has a knife, if you where him , what would you do? Bad course of events. How about try to contain the situation with the dog on the leash and approach...? The guy is in a towel, not going to end well. ?? What happened that started all this? The guy is walking away.
The government was helping him.

Seattle cop gunning down a machete-wielding burglary suspect — wearing only a towel — after he fatally stabbed a police dog and injured another officer in the face.

The 5'2" 100 lb. soaking wet female social worker just out of college should have been called in to de-escalate the naked crazed lunatic.
There would have been less violence, and one fewer dead K9s.

Have you ever noticed that crazy people don't generally go off at the local fire station?

He was carrying two edged weapons with blades over 3.5", which is illegal in Seattle, whether carried openly or concealed in public. Even if one could argue self-defense against a dog attack, there are still two counts of a weapons charge to deal with. Also, as a civilian, I do not believe it is legal to use deadly force to harm a police dog. If he lived, he would be facing charges for that as well. He should have just surrendered and been done with it. Free lawyer. Social workers to dote on him. Liberal justice system that favors freaks and criminals. He would have been just fine.

I can see sending the dog in, and I can also see the two cops had no idea the guy would stab the dog. bad as it may seem, but in the police world, the dog can be replaced.

Way too many "no-win" situations happening nowadays.

Along with a lot of internet commandos passing off their opinions which are NOT backed up by experience.

He was carrying two edged weapons with blades over 3.5", which is illegal in Seattle, whether carried openly or concealed in public. Even if one could argue self-defense against a dog attack, there are still two counts of a weapons charge to deal with. Also, as a civilian, I do not believe it is legal to use deadly force to harm a police dog. If he lived, he would be facing charges for that as well. He should have just surrendered and been done with it. Free lawyer. Social workers to dote on him. Liberal justice system that favors freaks and criminals. He would have been just fine.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok, so you've got a mentally disturbed individual......I know, let's just send in an automaton attack dog.

What seems to be the problem in the majority of these type situations is an "inconvenience factor" and a contrived "time factor". The cops aren't going anywhere until the end of their shift.....sit back, let the deranged individual sit there and talk to his demons.......oh no, send in the dog to intimidate him.

The cop and the dog got just what was inevitable for a fvcking poor decision on the part of the dog handler. Unfortunately, the dog is dead but The cop should be fired.

I can see sending the dog in, and I can also see the two cops had no idea the guy would stab the dog. bad as it may seem, but in the police world, the dog can be replaced.

So can a police officer......there are long waiting lists to get the job.

So can a police officer......there are long waiting lists to get the job.
The waiting lists are very long but some of the applicants are those that scored in the 70's. There are probably more than some but just to be on the safe side, I said some. Because of the low scoring applicants accepting the jobs, it's only a matter of time from when they gradumicate from the academy, will these officers be making the news more often than their predecessors.

Big brain play by the cops. Why run after a suspect when you can sacrifice your dog and get a free pass to shoot someone.

They're not even good at search and rescue because the vast majority of them have to remain on lead.
He obviously meant stop sponsoring programs to train attack or sniffer dogs -
not to "retrain" the attack and sniffer dogs for S&R.

Back
Top Bottom