1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Seattle is Dying

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by calsdad, Mar 20, 2019.

1. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

I moved here from the Seattle area back in mid-1991. Even back then people could see and complained about the influx of "Californicators" who were ruining the housing market and the general state of the state. I've always wanted to go back to that area but with what is happening, I can't see doing that.

SERE likes this.

2. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Good point.

Hadn't thought of that one. Detroit can be also be passed off as a side effect of the demise of the auto industry.

Hard to come up with an excuse for why the city that surrounds a tech giant that is still making huge profits - is falling apart.

3. usp45ct

usp45ct

Well, the problem with this most of the rabid lefties will move somewhere else, and f*** that up as well. S
    Just note how TX, NC, AZ and fl are going dem. The libs don’t realize it is their own voting theat ruined it.

4. Scott7980

Scott7980 NES Member

how many of you have seen the drug problem first hand. watch people turn into zombies right in front of you, the whole time you try helping one after another and it all ends the same. there is no good end to this problem, the help that you can give will only work on such a small % it is not worth the effort. this is a drug that does not belong in a society, and has been allowed to be here for too long. go build your wall though, that's the big problem. everyone wants to save their kid, but you kid died when they started using. these zombies are in their 20 and 30 and have a lifetime left and a habit to pay for, and no way to pay for it. your children are dead and you have to clean up the mess and it is not easy. there is not going to be a feel good I got clean ending. this is the reality of hard drugs. that group is going to grow and grow going from city to city and take everything in its path.

mibro and Chevy 2 65 like this.
  5. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

[​IMG]

6. boiler_eng

boiler_eng NES Member

sarc/

Uh because they dont SHARE the wealth! They just milk the people for money, gentrify them out of their homes, and make local businesses either close or pander to their whims.

#LateStageCapitalism

\sarc

7. commodon

commodon NES Member

'lo and behold look is what in today's news...

Seattle homeless crisis: Historic cemetery overrun with drugs and prostitution amid worsening problem

[​IMG]

Seattle’s homeless crisis has reached such catastrophic levels that a north-side cemetery has become home to drug abuse, drug dealing and prostitution.

Bikur Cholim Cemetery board member and city council candidate Ari Hoffman detailed the desperate effort to fight the epidemic and placed blame for how bad it has gotten squarely on the local government.

The city council, city elected officials failed our city. They created a haven where it is OK for people to die on the streets through drug use, and to live on the streets people who have a mental illness,” Hoffman told “Fox & Friends.” “They are not offering treatment solutions, and they are failing us."

Hoffman added: “Through 2013, the homeless population was relatively stable. And then what happened after that is it grew... because the policies they had enabled drug use behavior. It’s just absolutely tragic that we have people who are living inside of a cemetery, that are dealing drugs outside of a cemetery, and are running prostitution in a cemetery, but you see it on the streets all over Seattle.

Hoffman, who is running for city council, then took aim at “non-performing non-profits” for not doing enough to combat the crisis and revealed what he believes is the first step to turn back the tide.

You have to wonder where the money goes, the first thing we need to do is audit where all that money is going. There’s plenty of money, the city’s coffers are full, the money is just not being spent appropriately,” he told “Fox & Friends.” “According to Seattle’s own numbers, 78 percent of people want to be off heroin. They don’t want to have addiction problems, they want treatment. Unfortunately there just aren’t enough services – there aren’t enough mental health options for them… we need to make sure those services are available for people on the streets.

Hoffman went on to paint a dire picture of the scene at the historic Bikur Cholim Cemetery.

They find needles, they find drugs, they find human feces all over the place and they have to clean it all up,” he said. “Our grounds-crew has been pricked by needles before, they’ve been assaulted by people they found living there, they’ve found people on the ground overdosed thinking they were dead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Federal data released in 2018 found Washington state’s homeless population had risen more than any other state in the country.

Seattle, King County, had a homeless population of 12,112 -- the third highest in the country behind Los Angeles and New York City.

From
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-homeless-crisis-historic-cemetery-overrun-with-drugs-and-prostitution-amid-worsening-problem

8. AHM

AHM NES Member

Something that can’t go on forever, won’t.
    -- Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds, et. al. Herbert Stein

Events will proceed apace and cut that Gordian knot.
    Business tides will shift away from Microsoft.
    Or Microsoft will decide they should have stayed in the desert southwest in the first place, and move out.
    Or a Cascadia earthquake or volcanic eruption will hit the reset button.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    calsdad likes this.
  9. Cabinetman

Cabinetman

My wife and I have just returned from a week in Toronto. We were there ostensibly for a show written by Sting which was worth the effort.
    Back in 1997 we went there with the kids. It was a great city and clean and safe enough even for the teenagers to spend a 1/2 day shopping by themselves. Fast forward to 2019 and it's another thing. Chinatown, the biggest Chinatown in North America, is a dump. Not two feet of building not spray painted. Lots of filth and everyone....and I mean everyone smokes. It was extremely uncomfortable to walk the streets and we were very disappointed. In the city itself, bums in front of every major store door, including liquor store. Many laying in the street, too. Right there on the corner of two major streets are two bums sleeping covered up in sleeping bags. No one did anything to move them, either. That really disillusioned me, too. It would almost seem that the cities have become the haven for the homeless and the liberal policies of their legislators no matter where you go.

10. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

AHM likes this.
  11. AHM

AHM NES Member

12. millbilly

millbilly NES Member

I was there last year. Everything looked good. I'll be back in a few months and I'll report back. It's too bad the state is awesome.

13. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Good article. I have long suspected exactly what that article is asserting: that the NH liberal problem is NOT the fault of ex-Ma**h***s.

I don't think MA liberalism is actually entirely the fault of born and bred Ma**h***s either. I think MA has a similar problem to NH : many of the worst liberal twats come from out of state.

MA has the problem that it has Boston - which is a like a rotting corpse for it's ability to attract left wing flies.

14. whalerman69

whalerman69 NES Member

15. peterk123

peterk123

I just watched this. Wow.

16. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Honestly, this is one of the nicest, best kept and organized tent cities I've seen. Whoever is running it needs to Run for Mayor of Seattle...

Seriously. I've seen military bivouac sites that this puts to shame.

[​IMG]

mibro and Nick Fury like this.
  17. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

18. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Funny - I thought the same thing when I saw that pic.

It looks very clean and well organized. I don't think I'd like to be living across from it - but it also doesn't look like a rat-infested mess either.

enbloc likes this.
  19. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Not Seattle, but it appears that Portland has the same kind of lunatics running the city - and now they're running out of police willing to put up with their crap:

Portland Crisis: With 120 Vacancies, Only 3 Out Of 60 Applicants Pass Police Background Check

Portland Crisis: With 120 Vacancies, Only 3 Out Of 60 Applicants Pass Police Background Check

Last month TGP reported that internal politics and a pro-antifa attitude inside the Portland Police Bureau leadership and city hall has led to an exodus of officers leaving the bureau, either retiring early or going to work for other agencies in the area. With 120 job openings, reports are now coming out that would-be new hires are failing pass the introductory background check. Bigly.

Christian likes this.
  20. Christian

Christian

Rt.3, 1/2 way between Boston and the Cape
    Hmm, sounds like opportunity knocking to me. Starting pay for new officers is $64,409 plus bonuses, not to shabby for having to show up for work and seemingly do as little real LE work as possible.

Wages & Benefits — Portland Police

21. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

The hippies went there after the 70s, I'm shocked they couldn't make it work. Shocked I tell you

22. garandman

garandman Instructor NES Member

Highly misleading title in that it implies opioid and meth addiction is a big-City problem. They’re not by any means a “city problem.”

Metropolitan Boston has a population of around five million. The overdose death rate is 31.8 per 100,000. In largely-rural New Hampshire, the rate is 37.0 - 16% higher. In West Virginia, it is 58 — 82% higher. But rural or urban is not the sole factor: in Vermont the rate is lower (23.2), Maine higher (34.4).

Drug Overdose Mortality by State

Cities overall are booming. Boston has gained 70,000 in population in the last 10 years. Boston has 150,000 college students and startup businesses that attract young people, but a lot of empty-nesters are moving back into the city as well because living in the suburbs has little appeal for them.

If you want population increases to move to suburban and exurban areas most of you live in, be my guest.

boiler_eng likes this.
  23. teaser452

teaser452

Cities are booming Massachusetts is losing the natives and is being flooded immigrants. Not the good type.

Massachusetts population growing at twice the rate of previous 10 years, fastest in Northeast

Massachusettsstan. It won’t be long until Boston is covered in feces like San Fran. It already smells like urine.

Jason Flare and mibro like this.
  24. EC1

EC1 NES Member

3 major causes: Liberal infections from Microsoft, Amazon and University of Washington.

25. PennyPincher

PennyPincher NES Member

Amazon is going to leave Seattle. Ha!

26. EC1

EC1 NES Member

They shat where they ate now they're running out, but their stink will remain as well as the mess they leave behind..

27. amm5061

amm5061 NES Member

[​IMG]

28. Yazz

Yazz NES Member

Last week while watching live PD they were chasing a bicyclist down a railroad track and all along the fence line on both sides were tents in an urban environment.
    Progressives America.

29. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Catch & Release America...

30. jpk

jpk

NOOOOO!!!!!....

If Seattle/San Fran collapses then all of those shitbags will end up fleeing to somewhere else.......I say keep the insanity flowing and keep the mental patients in the asylum.....

dingbat likes this.